Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    As for comfort and speed humps. As you can see my FD isnt a very functional height lol.
    To get a car to sit low like mine (60mm) from the front lip. You would have to upgrade the springs to a more stiffer set.

Honestly, My dampers are set on max and its really not that bad. No ones ever complained about it being to harsh.
    Parents are fine, Family dont complain and little cousins love it.
    Plus in summer its awesome. Girls with low cut tops sitting at the front in a bumpy car.... Well.. I'll let your imagination do the rest lol

And as of speed humps. I have to crawl over that shit. The ones around my area is fine as I have figured them out and can get over then pretty fast.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by Honda_FD View Post
    FD1 = 8th Gen Civic Sedans. Vti or VTi-L. both came with a SOHC R18 Egnine.
    FD2 = 8th Gen Civic Sedens. Sports model with K20z2
    I defer to you. I was going by the info on wiki...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevil View Post
    You can make the civic fd quick around a corner and they pull good too if you dont mind wasting $$ but that its, its got heaps of space for 4 adults and has a big boot. Only a sadist would spend money looking for more power.
    I reckon it'd do well around a corner if it was a touch bit lower, but what would I know, lol.

As for comfort and speed humps. As you can see my FD isnt a very functional height lol.
    To get a car to sit low like mine (60mm) from the front lip. You would have to upgrade the springs to a more stiffer set.

Honestly, My dampers are set on max and its really not that bad. No ones ever complained about it being to harsh.
    Parents are fine, Family dont complain and little cousins love it.
    Plus in summer its awesome. Girls with low cut tops sitting at the front in a bumpy car.... Well.. I'll let your imagination do the rest lol

And as of speed humps. I have to crawl over that shit. The ones around my area is fine as I have figured them out and can get over then pretty fast.
    Haha, where I live, there's a shit load of speed humps, and the ones at uni are too much for me; they're headache worthy..

An RSB... Probably best bang for buck if you want a massive increase in handling.
    Even on stock shocks you will notice the difference. If anything you'll make it handle worse with Coilovers unless you set it up right.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1 2008
    I don't have any pics of the civic as of recently, but here's roughly what it looks like.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	13.9 KB 
ID:	28143Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled2.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	16.5 KB 
ID:	28144Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled3.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	9.7 KB 
ID:	28145Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled4.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	9.0 KB 
ID:	28146Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled5.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	10.3 KB 
ID:	28147

Doesn't seem like this forum would let me upload the proper pictures, since they were too big, so I had to screenshot and downsize them all..

I'll try get better snaps eventually, but yeah, all I've done so far is:

- Gloss black vinyl wrapped roof spoiler (it was supposed to come unpainted, but turns out it came painted white) [picked up for cheap, so i decided to use it temporarily]
    - Gloss black painted trunk lip
    - Plasti-dipped matte black rims [temporary before I get new rims] and front grille section, along with the emblems and lettering
    - matte black vinyl wrap chrome stripe on the side of the car above the sideskirt (I hate chrome..)
    - 25% window tint
    - mugen visors
    - 4k white headlights, 6.5k white parking lights, and white license plate lights

What I intend to do to further rice it up: (lol)
    - fd2r replica front bumper to replace damaged/dinted stock bumper (and it looks sleeker)
    - some other things, if I can be stuffed after doing the catback and coilovers, etc.
    Last edited by Daniel.29; 20-05-2015 at 08:17 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1 2008
    An RSB... Probably best bang for buck if you want a massive increase in handling.
    Even on stock shocks you will notice the difference. If anything you'll make it handle worse with Coilovers unless you set it up right.
    What's RSB again? lol

Yeah, I'll do my research more towards when I can dish out the cash for it. As for now, catback is the focus.

EDIT: Alright, so I googled it and it's a rear sway bar, lol. How much, and where can one obtain one of these? And what size? 19mm? 23mm? And what brand?
    Last edited by Daniel.29; 21-05-2015 at 12:29 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Bagged FD Civic
    who dares call my name...

LOL!

like Honda_FD said...just get coils...I was on airbag suspension before...looked great and easy to go over humps...comfort...is the same as coils...
    i would go back to it cause i like th stance look and all...unlike Honda_FD he moved on and got a euro...RIP old Honda_FD

If you're from NSW...JDMyard sells FD2R replica bar...not sure if in stock...

i had a spare Js racing lip but i sold it to stevil as he is preparing for time attack and i would know it would be in better use...

heres mine currently unpainted...been finding parts for my car till its painted...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1 2008
    Haha, looking good, mate.

l'll contact them soon and see what they can do if they can get those parts.

Coilovers is the way to go by the sounds it Lol.

I just called up an exhaust shop and spoke to him about what can be done in terms of this FD, as I told him I was after something with a slightly deep tone and also not too loud at the same time.

He gave me a few options as I'll list below.

- have a catback custom made from stainless steel
    - have a catback custom made from something that's not stainless steel
    - what muffler do I want

So in saying so..should I go for all stainless steel, or just the stainless steel muffler and the rest of the system some other metal? And is something like an xforce muffler alright?

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1-RR 2.7
    Hey Jprak i got my entry confirmed for the WTA in October, you should be proud as your lip will be hurling around the creek at over 220kmh
    Last edited by Stevil; 21-05-2015 at 03:35 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Bagged FD Civic
    YES!!! Good on ya stevil, btw my mate and I want to join you at twilight (Y)

Keen to see how your FD looks!

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1-RR 2.7
    Yeah be a few weeks till the splitter, lip, canard fender chop and mega flares are done, anyone for 295s on 18x10s lol

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1 2008
    UPDATE

So after speaking to the guys at OTR Motorsports, I'm currently leaning towards a J's racing (C304) axle-back instead of the full catback, which was recommended to me by those guys (who told me to probs stay away from a catback if it's just for the R18/Auto (I'm assuming this is "good" advice, since they saved me money in the process too?)). Well, anyways, the price would be roughly $650 including installation; is that decent, anyone?