CU2 Luxury Battery Swap - Electrics

Hi All
    I just purchased a 2012 Euro Luxury and what do you know it needs a new battery.
    If I disconnect the battery terminals completely to remove it from the car and fit a new one will I loose the radio pin? When I bang in the new one will everything work the same as it did or will there be issues?
    Any advice greatly appreciated to avoid wasted time.
    Cheers and thanks Ian

Member Array
    Car:
    VTiR/CL9
    I had my replaced with new battery..no pin or code came up on the radio but it was cl9 so yeah..give it a go?

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooldollar View Post
    Hi All
    I just purchased a 2012 Euro Luxury and what do you know it needs a new battery.
    If I disconnect the battery terminals completely to remove it from the car and fit a new one will I loose the radio pin? When I bang in the new one will everything work the same as it did or will there be issues?
    Any advice greatly appreciated to avoid wasted time.
    Cheers and thanks Ian
    You can get a special tool that has a 9v battery and alligtor clips
    So when you remove your battery the little 9v will keep things powered up so nothing bad happens
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

yes you will need to re-enter the pin code. This can be found attached to the car manual.

Ok I have got all that, I have made a 9v battery alligator clip doohickey (youtube) and I have located the radio pin in the unlikely case the doohickey fails.
    Thanks for your help much appreciated.
    Cheers

Or just put a jump pack across the terminals before you disconnect the battery (if you have one, that is).

Not difficult at all.