B16a/b18c fuel reg issues

G'day ladies and gents

Past weekend, I swapped my 98spec b18cr into my ek4 with ease
    When I was switching the loom and sensors over, I also switch the fuel pressure regulator from the b16a2 to the b18cr

Now, car drives absolutely fine (very well I must add) but reading and researching online points out that the b16a regs run at around 38psi and b18c5/7/R's run between 45-50psi.
    I went back to my spare parts box and found my b18cr fuel reg and installed it back onto the motor in the car, it starts up fine and idles, but when I hit the accelerate, response and power is all gone.

The fuel reg isn't leaking or pissing fuel out the vacuum port,but have my doubts the fuel reg itself is block or ceased, flooding the engine and making it run stupid rich

Also, I've ran the b16a2 fuel reg on the b18cr for the last 2 days, car drives fine. But with the lower pressure reg compared to the b18cr, should I be worried? Will it affect or damage my engine anyway? (Run lean?)

Hope someone here can help

Kenny

check the little rubber hose above the regulator is not cracked in anyway, check the return line also.

Hey benji, both vacuum and return line rubber hoses are new, I think the fuel reg is dead, it's not regulating any fuel pressure

I also have a walbro 255 in tank too, so it's probably too much for a broken fuel reg causing it to run rich

Its best to hook up a fuel pressure gauge and check it.

Member Array
    Car:
    Long history
    Quote Originally Posted by roy8532 View Post
    Its best to hook up a fuel pressure gauge and check it.
    or even better, an AFR Gauge. Then you will know if you are too lean to rich.

I think I messed with fuel pressure regs back in the day, will see if i can pull up some info for u.

Member Array
    Car:
    Long history
    Quote Originally Posted by Dxs View Post
    or even better, an AFR Gauge. Then you will know if you are too lean to rich.

I think I messed with fuel pressure regs back in the day, will see if i can pull up some info for u.

I had a b16a1 ef8 crx.. swapped manifolds etc to dc2r.. but kept using the b16a1 fuel pressure regulator.
    http://www.crxaustralia.com/forum/fo...xs-s-ef8/page4

i guess i never tried the b18cr fuel pressure regulator on a b16a1

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    put the b16a 1 bak on