Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New CL9 owner

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Welcome!

I love the euro's and cannot understand why honda is removing them from their line up.

Looks like good buy specially them KM's minty.

My tip for any honda is keep an eye on how much oil shes eating. Specially after spirited driving.

Thanks. Yeah, seems a shame they're dumping the model.

Cheers, I paid $13,800 for it...which for Perth, the kms and the condition it's in seemed fairly reasonable. It's been very well looked after, feels and drives like almost like a new car!

That's a really good one to know, I'll make sure to keep an eye on the oil level. Is it just the PCV valve that's the issue with burning oil? Or is there something more to it? Or just inherent in the vtec engines?

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    Its a great looking Euro,although the stock alloys look much better.

They are brilliant cars,and you will love it.

The reason that they are being discontinued is that the CL9 and CU2 were always built in Japan in both left and right hand drive.

The new one,called Acura TLX in American markets,is built in USA,and only in left had drive.

Its a huge pity,as I will have to source my next car from Toyota or Mazda...

Member Array
    Car:
    Rolla Sportivo
    Generally any VTEC engine will burn oil. They're renowned for doing it.

Personally my H22 Prelude burns a lot, but that's just a common thing with with H22's anyway.
    Lived the Prelude Life 13/11/13 - 15/09/15
    My 1998 B-84P Prelude VTi-R
    Now living Getz with Lift life - 05 Corolla Sportivo - Standard Sportivo Mod Shiz

Cheers for the info guys. All good to know. Definitely a shame they're discontinuing them! Ah well, if I have a good run with this car then I might try pick up a low km CU2 in a few years time...see how we go.

Member Array
    Car:
    Rolla Sportivo
    They're awesome cars.

Just service them on time and fix any issues that arise as soon as possible and they'll last a long time.
    Now living Getz with Lift life - 05 Corolla Sportivo - Standard Sportivo Mod Shiz

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    Everyone who I know that had a CL9 has upgraded to a CU2,so theres a very good chance that will be your next car...

Ok guys, got a coupe of questions I'd like to pick your brains about.

Firstly, had the car inspected by a vehicle inspector before buying it and he gave it the all clear and said the little bit of sludge I noticed in the oil cap and engine wasn't anything to worry about, just get the engine flushed and change the oil. Another mate who's fairly familiar with these cars said the same thing, but just thought I'd throw up a coupe of photos and see what you guys reckon.

So this is AFTER having the car serviced by my local Honda dealer and they apparently did a flush. Would you guys feel this is worth being concerned about? Or just flush the motor and change the oil a few times over the coming months?

Oil cap:

Inside engine:

There's no sludge on the dipstick, the oil is nice and clean on there when I pull it out.

Also, had a stereo fitted to the car (coupe of digital amps) and have since had the battery warning light coming on on the dash, even after having my trickle charger attached to the car all night and battery being full in the morning. Is this most likely to be a dead cell/old battery in need of replacing? Any suggestions for a decent replacement (deep cycle?) battery for these cars?

This is the battery that's in it, if that helps:

Oh and the front pulls to the right when I'm braking, which I've read elsewhere on here can be a symptom of screwed rotors, which mine look to be (big line/gouge in the middle).

Also need to replace the rear pads, so I figured may as well do all rotors and pads at once, give it a bit more bite. Ordered some slotted DBA T3's for the front and some of the older style slotted DBA 4000's for the rear (they were cheaper than T2's), now just need to sort some pads. From what I've read on here and elsewhere QFM HPX or EBC Redstuff are pretty good options? Does anyone know the part numbers for the HPX pads or the redstuff for my car and suggestions where to buy them online from?

Well as some follow-up, honest mechanic mate of mine had a look today and reckons the oil isn't anything worth worrying about, still keen to hear what you guys reckon...but gives me a little more peace of mind at least.

New battery went in today also, Optima D51R-T2. Would have liked to get a D35 in there but not enough room unfortunately. See how this one goes anyway, hopefully it's up to the task.

Member Array
    Car:
    Rolla Sportivo
    I would agree with your friend about the oil. Just keep on monitoring the level and also the colour change if it gets any darker or goes black (it shouldn't go black with the kms on it anyway).

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    I had the same thing when I bought my DC5R.

I just cleaned under the cap, flushed using Oil flush. I used liquid moly stuff.

It didn't come back.

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude BB6
    I swear I've seen that somewhere before in Sydney.. Unless it was a twin of your car, haha.