Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New CL9 owner

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by graphicgoose View Post
    So this is AFTER having the car serviced by my local Honda dealer and they apparently did a flush. Would you guys feel this is worth being concerned about? Or just flush the motor and change the oil a few times over the coming months?
    Nothing to worry about, find a non-honda-dealer mechanic, use a good full synthetic oil, they are pretty good at cleaning out the engine.

Also, had a stereo fitted to the car (coupe of digital amps) and have since had the battery warning light coming on on the dash, even after having my trickle charger attached to the car all night and battery being full in the morning. Is this most likely to be a dead cell/old battery in need of replacing? Any suggestions for a decent replacement (deep cycle?) battery for these cars?
    ... or the alternator, which is a common failure point.

Oh and the front pulls to the right when I'm braking, which I've read elsewhere on here can be a symptom of screwed rotors, which mine look to be (big line/gouge in the middle).
    or it needs a good wheel alignment

Also need to replace the rear pads, so I figured may as well do all rotors and pads at once, give it a bit more bite. Ordered some slotted DBA T3's for the front and some of the older style slotted DBA 4000's for the rear (they were cheaper than T2's), now just need to sort some pads. From what I've read on here and elsewhere QFM HPX or EBC Redstuff are pretty good options? Does anyone know the part numbers for the HPX pads or the redstuff for my car and suggestions where to buy them online from?
    contact www.gslrallysport.com, they sell QFM's. I brought mine from them (pretty sure they are the same people that operates brakesdirect.com.au)
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    Nothing to worry about, find a non-honda-dealer mechanic, use a good full synthetic oil, they are pretty good at cleaning out the engine.
    Yep, won't be going back to Honda dealer anymore...was only more so as I wanted to get a new logbook all sorted at the same time (which still hasn't turned up) before I went elsewhere.

... or the alternator, which is a common failure point.
    So turns out you were half right. After replacing the battery the battery light still came on. So went and saw an auto sparky mate who had a look and turns out when the stereo shop had tried to upgrade the cable between the alternator and battery they'd not done the nut up tight enough again on the connection and it'd fried the connection on the alternator.

Mate fitted a new alternator and connection on the cable and seems to be all better now. Hit the stereo shop up about it and they've been good about it and asked me to send through the invoice for the alternator and work I had done (I've been a long term customer over the years).

or it needs a good wheel alignment
    Maybe, it does have asymmetric tyres also which could make it pull more. I want to wind the coilovers down a little anyway, so will get a wheel alignment done when I do that.

contact www.gslrallysport.com, they sell QFM's. I brought mine from them (pretty sure they are the same people that operates brakesdirect.com.au)
    Cheers for that, gave them a call and had a chat about my options and ended up ordering some Remsa pads, as they reckoned they'd be the best suited to what I plan on doing with the car. I'll provide some feedback when they arrive and are fitted.

Had the car detailed today. Basically an entire days polishing and Modesta Glass paint protection put on it and, considering its age and a few little blemishes aside, it's come up fantastic!

Good work, I've also just picked mine up on Sunday. Seems like yours came with a few bonuses where mines dead stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Addictions View Post
    Good work, I've also just picked mine up on Sunday. Seems like yours came with a few bonuses where mines dead stock.
    Cheers mate, I'm really happy with the work Dale (OCDetailing in Perth) did on the paint. I've been a long term customer and he always does an amazing job!

Sometimes it's better getting a stock car, that way you can do the things you want yourself, rather than potentially having to settle as a result of what a previous owner has done. In my case I'm fairly happy with what's been done...although I think I'll change the rims to something like Vossen CV3 style, wind the coilovers down a bit and throw on some darker tint.

What are the details of your new car? The few little issues I've had aside I'm actually really enjoying this car, fun little thing around town...and much cheaper to run than my previous cars.

Also, could a mod please move this thread to the Accord Euro specific section, figure it's turned into more than a simple introductory thread now.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    theres a facebook group specific for Accord Euro's in WA

search "WA Accord Euro Club" if you wish to join.

PS: I do ecu reflashes
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

theres a facebook group specific for Accord Euro's in WA

search "WA Accord Euro Club" if you wish to join.

PS: I do ecu reflashes
    Great, thanks for that. Have sent a request to join the Facebook group.

Could you please PM me some details about the reflashes you do? Cheers bud.
    Last edited by graphicgoose; 11-06-2015 at 12:32 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Rolla Sportivo
    ECU Reflashes. Yay! Now we're talking

Cars looking really good! A detail works wonders.
    Lived the Prelude Life 13/11/13 - 15/09/15
    My 1998 B-84P Prelude VTi-R
    Now living Getz with Lift life - 05 Corolla Sportivo - Standard Sportivo Mod Shiz

Thanks Squalled, yeah the car came up mint! Again, considering the age and the fact that the bodywork isn't 100% perfect, I'm pretty stoked with how it's turned out! The thing is like a mirror! And the best thing about the Modesta Glass paint protection is how easy it makes to clean the car! I've had this stuff on my last few cars and it's generally just a case of hitting it with a high pressure cleaner and it's mostly clean. Quick foam with a foam lance on the pressure washer, a rinse and she's pretty well clean. Great stuff! And obviously the less rubbing you can get away with the less likely the paint is to get swirls etc. So that's a win in my book.

Seriously considering the ECU reflash haha...forums are a bad idea for me!

Member Array
    Car:
    Rolla Sportivo
    Thanks Squalled, yeah the car came up mint! Again, considering the age and the fact that the bodywork isn't 100% perfect, I'm pretty stoked with how it's turned out! The thing is like a mirror! And the best thing about the Modesta Glass paint protection is how easy it makes to clean the car! I've had this stuff on my last few cars and it's generally just a case of hitting it with a high pressure cleaner and it's mostly clean. Quick foam with a foam lance on the pressure washer, a rinse and she's pretty well clean. Great stuff! And obviously the less rubbing you can get away with the less likely the paint is to get swirls etc. So that's a win in my book.

Seriously considering the ECU reflash haha...forums are a bad idea for me!
    It came out great! I'd love to get my Prelude detailed but the paint isn't the best

Yeah the forums did the same thing when I first joined them. So many ideas and temptations.
    Lived the Prelude Life 13/11/13 - 15/09/15
    My 1998 B-84P Prelude VTi-R
    Now living Getz with Lift life - 05 Corolla Sportivo - Standard Sportivo Mod Shiz

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Cheers mate, I'm really happy with the work Dale (OCDetailing in Perth) did on the paint. I've been a long term customer and he always does an amazing job!

Sometimes it's better getting a stock car, that way you can do the things you want yourself, rather than potentially having to settle as a result of what a previous owner has done. In my case I'm fairly happy with what's been done...although I think I'll change the rims to something like Vossen CV3 style, wind the coilovers down a bit and throw on some darker tint.

What are the details of your new car? The few little issues I've had aside I'm actually really enjoying this car, fun little thing around town...and much cheaper to run than my previous cars.

Also, could a mod please move this thread to the Accord Euro specific section, figure it's turned into more than a simple introductory thread now.
    I saw this car on their FB page I think?

Great, thanks for that. Have sent a request to join the Facebook group.

Could you please PM me some details about the reflashes you do? Cheers bud.
    ootz do you do fn2 reflash too heheheehehehheheh
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut