Brake hard line bolt leak, driving me crazy!

I have replaced my proportion valve with a brand new item. Now one of the bolts to the rear hard line is leaking where is connects to the prop valve. I replaced this valve because it was leaking. Now the line is leaking. Arrgh. The manual says it should only be torqued to around 15nm, which is really not very tight. Could it be possible that over tightening it has caused the leak? Help please, I hate brake leaks..

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Maybe your not putting them on flush before tightening the bolt.

This was my problem.

Then I had to replace entire hard line, which was a fkn bitch.

Hehe, I've done that before too. The bolt that's leaking is the first one I connected. I practically did the whole thing up by hand so I'm pretty sure it's not cross threaded.. sigh

thks for reply
    Last edited by PJT; 30-05-2015 at 09:51 PM.

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    Make sure the flare on the pipe is not damaged

I looked at it and felt the surface . Seemed normal, but not sure what it needs to be ??

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    It needs to be a nice consistent flare with out any burs. Sometimes you just have to do it up a little tighter as mentioned, be carful not to over do it. You should also be using pipe spanners

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    I've had this before after swapping hard lines. Cranking it up tight did the trick.

I'd say when you're introducing a new part it sometimes needs to be tightened enough for the flare on the line to form to the receiving end on the new part. If you get what I'm sayin.
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

That makes a lot of sense. Thanks.

Just checked it then and it's only a few drops coming out. Just pissed cause there's been so many issues.

Brakes were fine until I engine swapped and engineer said I needed a 4040 valve. Got one from wreckers, it leaked from rubber grommet, and I ****ed one of the nuts. Got another from forum, was good for a while but eventually leaked AND by now the nut was almost round. Finally got pedders to reflate the line, but they cross threaded one of the other nuts. So finally put brand new oem valve on (3rd one) and now the reflared nut leaks... I think I'll just fully tighten it as you suggested... Sigh

Ps. I now use proper spanner and freeze spray <- best invention ever!