Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post
    Okay lets start your knowledge with some bad news.

I have driven both cars, I would say the acceleration is on par. Maybe the Accord is faster by a tiny fraction.

More bad news,

K24a3 don't have 'true vtec'.

Good News,

It does have Vtec and it engages at 4700 RPM. (economical version)
    'i'vtec engages from like 2200RPM

More Knowledge,

More good news, Honda used K Series Engines in a number of their cars even their flagship range 'Type R'

Now the Type R k20 has 'true' vtec.

Magic of vtec happens in the head of the engine. As explained by that video.

You can swap the head on your engine block and make more power, have a true vtec feel.

You can also swap other parts like their close ratio gearbox, flywheel and etc etc to tune your engine to be better.

If I were to choose in between the Accord and Camry again, I would go the accord this time around. The only thing the camry has over the accord is the rear leg space.
    Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post
    Ah I wasn't thinking of the correct motor.

To me true vtec is having vtec lobes on both sides. Exhaust and Intake.

Also to add to your list there are no oil squirter in the K24 only on the TSX motor/Type R k20's.

I was comparing the 08 Model Camry to the accord as that's a fair comparison. If we were to compare from the same year. I would compare against Stivo 03 Camry. Where I can say that's prob quicker @145kW and priced better @under40k.

But then again, the accord has been ahead of the game from the very beginning.

Also messing with Crossover is not recommended by honda, unless your building the motor. I would at least be doing I/H/E and 50deg VTC if you were going to be tuning the car. Speak to your tuner on what will benefit you, which Manifold to use and how large throttle body to use. Bang for buck. Computer and Tuner Time anit cheap.
    Wut

Wut

Wut the fuk

Just stop posting
    part time potato

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    No information is better then wrong information
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    no weetek civic
    'I don't know anything about anything but I'm gonna post absolute rubbish like a spastic anyways'

-Amant02
    SSpamily

hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Vtec 2200rpm engagement, dat turbo diesel characteristic
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut