Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Type R vs Type R GT ? 2008 model

Hi Guys ,

New to honda's here i was wondering what is the difference between the Type R and Type R GT ? car model is 2008 is there a way to prove its a GT as well ?

Thanks.

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    bascially type r is non GT model and GT model is GT model
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    also its innocent until proven guilty
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Ok the seller has told me his model is the TYPE R GT model which is higher model then the type R i am a bit confused on which model it is now.

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    I am also confused, not sexually but with what car you are talking about

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Op the GT model has some extra sticker on it GT badge stands for 'Gran Turismo' Its special car unlockable once got all gold licences
    part time potato

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    nubs...

Versions
    Type R GT includes, dual zone climate control (Left:right independent), rain sensing windscreen wipers, refrigerated glove box, automatic headlights with dusk sensor, front fog lights, power folding door mirrors, cruise control, front and rear curtain airbags. It is finished in the same three colours as the standard FN2, and a new addition the range, deep sapphire blue pearl. As often, names and trims vary even within domain markets down to local ones, and a Heritage version replaces GT version in some of them, adding Xenon/HID lights to the mix. The topping Heritage Navi version adds Bluetooth telephone system and voice recognition DVD satellite navigation. A more radical version dubbed Race differs from the Heritage by removing components (incl. HID, AC, fog lights, audio system, sound proofing, some airbags) to reduce weight as much as 40 kg (88 lb). Finally, together with the 2009 revision to all 8th gen. EDM Civic variants (adding for example a USB iPod-compatible plug to the audio system), a special edition called Championship White comes in the eponyme Honda colour, with the same alloys only with matching white colour, 18" wheels (19" white Rage optional). This edition adds an exclusive limited slip differential to a Heritage trim level, which Honda touted at Paris Motor Show as helping the car shave off more than a second to its undisclosed Tsukuba lap time. In addition models made from 1 March 2010 have LSD fitted as standard.
    Last edited by Fredoops; 03-06-2015 at 08:30 PM.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by Altira View Post
    Ok the seller has told me his model is the TYPE R GT model which is higher model then the type R i am a bit confused on which model it is now.
    Assuming you are talking about the Civic R; the engine, suspension, power and all the other things that make it a car will be the same across both models. The GT has a few extra luxury items, which will probably add weight to the car and make it slower. It probably also has a 'GT' badge somewhere.
    If he's trying to sell it, then remember that he's going to try to get as much money out of you as possible. You have to keep as much of your money as possible. Being a GT does not add value to the car at all once it's second hand so he shouldn't be considering all that in his price...

Good luck with your GTR.

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    What? Of course GT adds value - to anyone wanting the extra luxuries. If you don't want extras, don't buy a GT.
    FOR SALE: Injector seal kits || Dayco B16A timing belt

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    There's no GT model in Australia, there's either the type r or non type r

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    There is a GT Option in Aus.

I would get the GT if I were going to buy the failure FN2R.

I even like the look of the GT better.

Dealer is correct , GT is the higher model. As it comes with extra's dat the normal FN2R didn't.

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post
    There is a GT Option in Aus.

I would get the GT if I were going to buy the failure FN2R.

I even like the look of the GT better.

Dealer is correct , GT is the higher model. As it comes with extra's dat the normal FN2R didn't.
    Source? I'm interested