Unhappy What happened with my battery?

Hey everyone.
    So a few days ago I ran into a little problem with my battery on my 2003 Accord Euro Luxury. I hope you guys can help me out with this as I'm kinda' stumped, so I'll give as much detail as possible.

Basically I was sitting the car for a little under an hour with the engine off but they keys in, I had the radio on and occasionally turned on the lights interior lights for a short duration. I eventually saw my back windows fogging up so I turned on the demister for around 5 minutes and soon after, my battery seemed to cut out and everything went off. I tried restarting the engine twice but the lights sorta' flickered for a bit and nothing happened. On the third attempt, I got the engine running and everything turned on. Later on that night, I noticed my radio display lights were completely off, so I couldn't read anything on it, the radio itself was functioning just fine, there was just no light being displayed. I'm still having this issue today, and I'm not sure what to do about it.

Can anyone tell me what exactly cause this and how I'd go about fixing it? How much should I expect to pay for it too?
    Would I also have to go and replace my battery? Whenever I put the keys in, my battery light comes on, though I don't remember if it was like that before, just thought I'd mention it.

Thanks a lot!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    What you described are the likely signs that your battery is dying. How old is your battery? Go to a battery shop to have it replaced or call a mobile battery service.

If you don't drive your car daily then it might pay to invest in a charger to keep it top up every couple of months or so. Otherwise the battery could die prematurely.

Quote Originally Posted by limleong View Post
    What you described are the likely signs that your battery is dying. How old is your battery? Go to a battery shop to have it replaced or call a mobile battery service.

If you don't drive your car daily then it might pay to invest in a charger to keep it top up every couple of months or so. Otherwise the battery could die prematurely.
    I'm not entirely sure, I only bought the car last week.
    Would replacing the battery fix the radio display issue? Because every other light source is working perfectly fine.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    check batter then Alternator output
    alternator is a common problem with Euro's
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    check batter then Alternator output
    alternator is a common problem with Euro's
    I'll try that, will be taking it to a professional to get it looked at some time soon. All I want to know is, is this something that will cost me a lot? Would I have to replace this entire stereo just because of it? Surely a broken backlight can't be THAT much trouble?

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    The problem very unlikely to be the radio so there would be no need to replace it.

A replacement alternator from Honda can cost a grand...

Aftermarket replacement is about 200.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    VTiR/CL9
    If your backlight radio doesnt light up it and everythibg else is working that means you have problem with your radio circuit board..that happen to mine..so i just replace mine cost less than the baord

Yep as konektado said - sounds like the common problem with a transistor burning out on the head unit circuit board. Either replace the transistor, replace the circuit board or replace the head unit.

Just check you haven't dimmed the dash lights right down before replacing anything

Quote Originally Posted by konektado View Post
    If your backlight radio doesnt light up it and everythibg else is working that means you have problem with your radio circuit board..that happen to mine..so i just replace mine cost less than the baord
    And how much did that cost you approx? Where would I have to go?
    Thanks for the info!

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Euro
    Ironically my car wouldn't start a couple days ago.
    Going to get it checked on Thursday, think I need a new battery.
    IN NSW WE TRUST