Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    CRV & Civic

*** 2013 CRV Issues ***

Hi,

I took delivery of a Thailand built CRV recently and have noted the following issues with it:

1. Aircon pipe leaking, needed replacement. Apparently a known issue, dealers wait for owners to complain about poor aircon performance before diagnosing and fixing. Still took 2 trips to the dealer to fix.

2. Rear quarter glass chrome trim alignment issue. The Chrome trim bonded to the rear quarter glass does not line up with the chrome strip on the rear door. One side of my car is fine the other side is shows a noticable mismatch. Dealer solution was to replace the rear quarter glass, duly done and not much better. The dealer can't do much more and I may have to live with Lada like trim alignment. The dealer showed me serveral CRVs, some were perfect but most had alignment problems, also looks like a known issue... very un-Honda like build quality glitch.

3. Front passenger headrest rattling laterally when going over speed bumps. Fixed at first service.

Curious to know if anyone else has had these or other issues.

This is not a massive set of defects, its just annoying taking it back to dealer to address them and in the case of the rear trim mismatch that can't be fixed, disspointing on a car like a Honda.
    *** It's Only a Car ***

Demonstration model or a "brand new" car?

Member Array
    Car:
    CRV & Civic
    Brand new... Had 16kms on it when I took delivery.
    *** It's Only a Car ***

Member Array
    Car:
    CRX & CRV
    My only issue is sometimes I hear a rattle in the drivers side rear door. I will mention it at the next service, apart from that no issues.
    Did they tell you where the leak in AC pipe was?

Member Array
    Car:
    CRV & Civic
    No, they did not go into detail and I did not ask.
    *** It's Only a Car ***

Member Array
    Car:
    CRV & Civic
    Just spoke to Honda Australia and the poor rear window trim alignment is explained away as... they are all like that / within spec. So now its official Honda considers Lada like trim alignment normal and in line with Honda standards. What a joke, Honda should be ashamed of themselves. Next time I'm due for a new car I will think long and hard if Honda deserves my business. Honda makes a big noise about their quality, however, when you identify a quality problem that is too hard for them to fix economically they tell you its within spec.
    *** It's Only a Car ***

You might as well post some pictures of the problems you're describing above, just so other potential purchasers know what to look for.

Member Array
    Car:
    CRV & Civic
    As requested, here is a photo of the trim mis-alignment. I can live with it, but its a disspointment that this is considered normal by Honda on a brand new car. One of the reasons I went with Honda was to get above average build quality.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CRV Trim 2.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	31.5 KB 
ID:	26328
    Last edited by nkoulban; 06-02-2014 at 09:16 AM.
    *** It's Only a Car ***

Member Array
    Car:
    CRX & CRV
    A few more issues i have noticed over the past few months:
    1. When pushing the start button to start the car, sometimes there is a loud bang as the car starts. Has happened about 4 times, seems like a start motor issue.
    2. The rear passenger door is a lot harder to open by the handle, it seems like the lock mechanism seems to be adjusted.
    It's due for a service next month so will bring these up then.

Member Array
    Car:
    CRV & Civic
    Good luck with the issue resolution.
    *** It's Only a Car ***

Quote Originally Posted by Hooman View Post
    A few more issues i have noticed over the past few months:
    1. When pushing the start button to start the car, sometimes there is a loud bang as the car starts. Has happened about 4 times, seems like a start motor issue.
    2. The rear passenger door is a lot harder to open by the handle, it seems like the lock mechanism seems to be adjusted.
    It's due for a service next month so will bring these up then.
    Funny you should mention this, my 2013 CRV VTi made a horrible metallic sound like a metal rod snapping when I went to start it a couple of weeks ago.
    I immediately turned the ignition of (keyed) and did a visual inspection of the engine bay, nothing looked out of the ordinary so with some trepidation I attempted to restart it again, it fired up perfectly, no weird noises - no fluid leaks anywhere, and I haven't had it happen again since.

I must say it scared the crap out of me though when it happened.
    The car goes in for it's 20,000 km Service this week, so I too will make sure it is noted on the Service sheet for future ref. should something crap itself down the road.

On another issue, is anybody else having an issue with the drivers seat RH bolster(?) on the seat cushion?

Mine appears to have sagged and the seating frame is digging into my RH thigh causing terrible pain, I can slide my fingers under my thigh in the area of pain and feel the seat frame almost directly, there is bugger all padding between it and my thigh.
    This has come about after only 10 months of owning the CRV from new, this issue will also be raised with the Dealership this week.
    Last edited by White Orchid; 07-05-2014 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Added seat issue.

Had the CRV serviced today and the Dealership is going to replace the RHS seat cushion as they agreed it had collapsed and could feel the seat frame through the seat.

bugger i forgot to mention the metallic noise on start up, I will make a note to mention it when the seat is replaced.