Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '06 Cl9 Euro

[CLOSED]Noob question regarding tow hooks, advice welcome

Hi all
    This is my first time posting so I hope I have done fine with post placement.
    Long story short I am trying to look for tow hooks for my 2006 CL9 Euro (the rear for now, namely this one)

I have done some research and most of the hooks look like that but that is apparently a good trust-able brand/make.
    My dilemma comes with fitment.
    That hook is for a car that has a rear hook like so:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CL9 side hook.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	11.1 KB 
ID:	28538

Instead, on the underside, I have a horizontal hook, not a vertical one:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CL9 bottom hook.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	8.8 KB 
ID:	28539

I hope my info was of some clarity and use.
    So I was hoping if anyone can steer me in the right direction of:
    What to get?
    The name if the hook I have?
    Where to look?
    advice on track ready hooks?

Thanks for any advice and I say thanks in advance, as well as apologise if this is in the wrong section, as I was told to post noob question in the noob section.
    Cheers.
    Last edited by Fuzzyy; 21-07-2015 at 11:20 AM.
    Black 2006 Accord Euro (CL9) - Now a friend's
    Gold 1997 Mazda 626 (Gen-F) - Awesome temporary ride
    Hope you guys can help me along

My opinion

Your car already has much stronger front and rear tow hooks.

But hey , if you MUST.....remember a bolt on tow hook is only as strong as the bolts holding it.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '06 Cl9 Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    My opinion

Your car already has much stronger front and rear tow hooks.

But hey , if you MUST.....remember a bolt on tow hook is only as strong as the bolts holding it.
    I agree with your opinion, but it is also for aesthetic purposes, so why not? And not only that, it is a part of my car I want to know more about.
    So any advice or answers would be cool. Thanks for taking your time to reply though.

Best of luck with it

CLICK HERE about BENEN tow hooks for a CL9. Looks good

also look at this TSX thread http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/1st-ge...4/topics/61759

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '06 Cl9 Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    Best of luck with it

CLICK HERE about BENEN tow hooks for a CL9. Looks good

also look at this TSX thread http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/1st-ge...4/topics/61759
    OK, Thanks for the input, really appreciated.
    I now understand that the 'Slide-in' hook would result in having the hook to be horizontal, but for conversation/experimentation sake, would something like this be a sorta-do the job way?

I personally think horizontal fitment would look better, but I guess when it comes to things like this its always function vs form, and I am sticking with function.
    also, if I may ask another question, do you think there will be enough space to fit it horizontally? or will it touch the bumper? (a Sports kit/lip bumper is going to be swapped in soon when the car goes off to be painted in a week)

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    I don't get how your tow hook is, can you take a pic?
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Wait i saw it, shiet.
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

If you're sticking with function, then the OEM hooks are pretty damned functional.

Once the race category in which you compete mandates a specific tow hook, then fit that one. Until then, save your money.

Definitely DON'T install that 4WD recovery hook. That just looks plain silly, and I fear the other kids at school will beat up on you.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '06 Cl9 Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by RenzokukenJ View Post
    I'll laugh at you poof
    I'd laugh at myself to be honest, I was just seeing what kind of things there are, anyway, I think I will stick to OEM, not sure if racetracks mandate certain hooks, unless I take part in Time Attack or something, which I am pretty sure is hard to find in the Sydney area anyway.
    Other than that, thanks for the input guys, Ill see if I can put [CLOSED] in the title.

just before I close this - it's helpful to note that something not properly secured especially on the outside is a big NO NO at any track.

inb4 closed