Member Array
    Car:
    BMW 335i Coupe

Unhappy [CU2] whining noise coming from the alternator/belts area (video)

About a week ago my car started making an annoying whining noise, the noise is audible from inside the car and gets louder as the revs go up.

The car has about 102,000km, serviced religiously every 8,000km-10,000km at Doncaster Honda and has absolutely no oil leaks of any type or form..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwqXELJsILo

Can you please help me identify the source of noise? And has anyone else had this issue or did I just get very unlucky?

I've always heard good stuff about Honda's reliability specially, K-series engines, that's why I went for a CU2 as my daily.

N.b. Car is not modified at all, absolutely bone stock

Thanks in advance

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord
    Sounds like the bearing in the wheel adjuster . gey it checked buy your Honda dealer.

Member Array
    Car:
    BMW 335i Coupe

[CU2] whining noise coming from the alternator/belts area (video)

Quote Originally Posted by Lozer View Post
    Sounds like the bearing in the wheel adjuster . gey it checked buy your Honda dealer.
    Thanks Lozer.

Yeah I thought it sounded like some sort of worn out bearing noise.

Any recommendation for a good mechanic that's familiar with Hondas? Car is outside warranty and I was actually planning to stop taking it to the dealer. I am in Melbourne inner eastern suburbs

Is this whining noise a common problem on these engines or did I just get super unlucky?

Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord
    Super unlucky mate. I live in Millicent so I guess Melbourne is out of my league but I am Shure there is a mate that could recommend someone. Hey could be the belt but sounds like the bearing.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Check the belt tensioner

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by mysterious_7 View Post
    Thanks Lozer.

Yeah I thought it sounded like some sort of worn out bearing noise.

Any recommendation for a good mechanic that's familiar with Hondas? Car is outside warranty and I was actually planning to stop taking it to the dealer. I am in Melbourne inner eastern suburbs

Is this whining noise a common problem on these engines or did I just get super unlucky?

Thanks
    There's sleeping performance out at dandy

There used to be a dedicated honda service centre over at nunawading but they're sold to a new owner.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars