Quote Originally Posted by nijalninja;

Also, has anyone ever installed one of these oil coolers on one of these engines? If so, are there any particularly good places to mount it, and did you have to do any other mods to fit it, or get it working? It is apparently universal, so it should work for the B18c2, but firsthand experience would be greatly appreciated.

With all of this, I am also going to get the ECU tuned, and I am wondering whether it is worth spending money on a Hondata ECU? if so, which one?
I've got a 19 row oil cooler with -10AN lines, it's a Mocal not mishimoto but same dimensions. It is mounted in front of the radiator passenger side where the power steering cooler was (P/S removed). This is in a dc2 with standard full size radiator, there is plenty of room with A/C removed. You may need to experiment in the ej8. Also make sure if you are buying a kit that the lines are long enough to reach, dummy fit and trace where you want to route the lines before you buy.

It makes a difference if you are tracking the car, otherwise I don't think on the street you will need it. If I don't cover the cooler in normal street driving the oil temp won't get above 80deg C and I am still using the stock water/oil heat exchanger where the oil filter normally mounts. On the track temps are usually between 110-120deg C measured at the oil pan for 5-10 laps depending on ambient temps.