Quote Originally Posted by Jasemas View Post
For the love of god
Please do not BABY this era of V6's
The new VCM system (which deactivates the rear bank of cylinders) causing major engine bore damage, requiring a new bottom end
Keep driving it at different rpms and always make sure the oil is topped up
Thanks for your reply! Wont be babying it by any means of the word but i wont be thrashing it either. I'm more than happy to keep her revving when warm and more than happy to feel the effects of VTEC! A little quicker than the patrol for sure. I've read that they can use oil so as its quite new with us, i'll check oil levels regularly and make sure it isnt. (or if it is, will top it up accordingly).

I'm thinking that 5000km oil changes sound like a good idea for this type of motor and we'll either run it on 95 or 98 octane. Should i do the filter every 5 or 10 thousand kms?

Is there anything i can do to prolong the lift of the motor? I saw there was no way to deactivate the VCM. Is there anything i need to be aware of to keep the motor happy other than regular oil and filter changes and variable revs? (I guess for variable revs, as it is an auto, i could just drive manual with the paddle shifts to get the revs a little higher without having to be foot flat each time?)