Accord Euro Lux Tyres CU2

Hi all,

Looking for some new tyres for my CU2 lux.

First question, can Y rated be used in place of W with no dramas?

What are some recommendations?

Yes, Y tyres are rated to 300km/h, W are rated to 270 (all a bit academic though). Just make sure that the load rating is the same or better, as you can't go below the minimum load rating fitted to that car (it will probably be somewhere around 94-97 I'm guessing)

Edit - I just did a bit of checking, and it seems that the Euro Lux has a very high load rating requirement for 18" tyres (98). Check this carefully before you buy any tyres, as you may have insurance trouble if you fit lower rated tyres (even through heavier cars get away with lower load ratings). Apparently, this has caught out a few Euro Lux owners in the past.
    Last edited by Hondarally; 08-08-2015 at 10:49 AM.

98 for accord euro lux

yup - you beat me to it, Butters

I was looking at Kumho KU39 or KU31.

I anticipate only having the car a few more months so don't want to spend a heap on tyres.

Given that the 430kW supercharged HSV GTS has 97 rated tyres, I don't think you're in much danger running a lower rating on a Euro. However, as I said, insurance companies won't like it. It's a decision you'll have to make and live with, though.