Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What type of Honda to get - budget 10-12K

Hi all.

I'm new on this forum, so I thought I'd ask about the type of Honda I should get.

I have a budget of roughly 10-12K to work with, and I've been looking at three different types of Honda. I figure that for about this price, I could get either a late model (2006-8) 7th Gen Accord Euro Luxury, an 8th Gen Civic (to about 2011 or so) - the Sport model looks to be feasible, but the SI is probably out of reach, or a Jazz (preferably the Vibe, in a manual. The Vibe S again looks to be out of my price range).

Which of these three do you think would be the best option? I realise that there's a significant difference in them, but which would represent the best bang for the buck? Like a lot of people, I'd like all the fancy options like leather trim, sunroof, climate control, cruise control and all the rest of it, but it's not compulsory. I would prefer a manual, but if the car is more recent (say less than 5 years old), I'd consider an automatic.

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    dc2, best honda
    SSpamily

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Fn2r, or polo gti
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    Accord Euro is the best car Honda ever made,Civic will feel much cheaper in comparison,and Jazz is a small economy car.

Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic
    Accord euros are nice, but far from the best car honda ever made.
    Definitely a euro out of those choices though. Jazz in second, fn civic dead last.

But, dc2 vtir with a k swap or some work could probably be had for about that much. Or an eg/ek. But if you're set on a newer one, definitely the euro. Or maybe an ep3r, which is recentish, and better than the fn2

Judging by your preference, you don't seem the type to drive like you're on fire [Literally/Figuratively] so a Euro would probably be the choice of the 3. Just be prepared to pay for more petrol for your luxury.
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Quote Originally Posted by RenzokukenJ View Post
    Fn2r, or polo gti
    Ummm Honda never released a boat anchor / polo.
    Just sayin

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    From what you have wrote, I think you have already chosen an Euro.

If it were me and with 10-12k to blow on a Honda. I'd set my hopes high for a clean dc2r.

Would happily settle for a DC5R or S as your more likely to find one for sale. I just prefer the sportier option.

If your after something that's going to give the push be luxurious same time then look else where Honda isnt for u.

IE - 'leather trim, sunroof, climate control, cruise control' with a car that can move your talkn about VW ETC ETC and not a polo gti, das far from being luxury.

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    dc2

only hondie worth buying

hehe
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdmg73 View Post
    Ummm Honda never released a boat anchor / polo.
    Just sayin
    Polo far from anchor
    Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post
    From what you have wrote, I think you have already chosen an Euro.

If it were me and with 10-12k to blow on a Honda. I'd set my hopes high for a clean dc2r.

Would happily settle for a DC5R or S as your more likely to find one for sale. I just prefer the sportier option.

If your after something that's going to give the push be luxurious same time then look else where Honda isnt for u.

IE - 'leather trim, sunroof, climate control, cruise control' with a car that can move your talkn about VW ETC ETC and not a polo gti, das far from being luxury.
    Definitely not luxury car lol
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    Rolla Sportivo
    Accord Euros are nice.

Are you just after something big and practical? I would recommend a DC5R or S if not.
    Lived the Prelude Life 13/11/13 - 15/09/15
    My 1998 B-84P Prelude VTi-R
    Now living Getz with Lift life - 05 Corolla Sportivo - Standard Sportivo Mod Shiz

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    euro hands down
    part time potato