Red face Honda accord 2010 servicing

Hi and greetings to everyone here at OZHonda.

I have a 2010 Honda accord wide body and it is due a 80K service, and I am inclined to do this service myself surely it would be easy enough just changing the oil and filter on the Honda.

I have been quoted $755 for the normal 50 points check (only inspection obviously), engine and filter oil, fuel filter change and engine valve check, does anyone know whether this can be perform cheaply somewhere else?. Regarding the engine valve check, is this something anyone could do with manual tools or it is something that requires a special computerized tool?

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Quote Originally Posted by megb6806 View Post
    Hi and greetings to everyone here at OZHonda.

I have a 2010 Honda accord wide body and it is due a 80K service, and I am inclined to do this service myself surely it would be easy enough just changing the oil and filter on the Honda.

I have been quoted $755 for the normal 50 points check (only inspection obviously), engine and filter oil, fuel filter change and engine valve check, does anyone know whether this can be perform cheaply somewhere else?. Regarding the engine valve check, is this something anyone could do with manual tools or it is something that requires a special computerized tool?
    Honda valves only get adjusted IF they are loud at idle (at temp.)
    And can only be adjusted WHEN COLD - i cannot stress this enough

If it's auto
    I'd look into servicing the AT, drain and fill and replacing the inline filterr at the top of the engine

EDIT:
    Also fuel filter , it will be intank - good luck
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

OK, Thanks. My Honda has been treated like an old's man car, it still feels like a new car and cannot hear any loud noise at idle so i guess it doesn't need valve adjustment at the moment.
    Yes the fuel filter is in tank and apparently is quite hard to remove. will shop around then
    Thanks for your help.