Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Timing chain is nothing major, just like a timing a belt needs to be replaced. Serviceable item.

I would note - my K series didn't require one till ~200,000KM

I have even been told the chain usually will outlast the engine itself.

But hey constant abuse of redline could stretch it earlier. This is exactly what I was doing when the engine light came on lol.
    Last edited by amant02; 22-08-2015 at 06:19 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by kryptonite View Post

only thing I noted was that timing chain was replaced - does this sound major?
    Yes it's major. The timing chain is supposed to be "for life" In the k series.

The weakness for the k was the timing chain tensioner but there was supposed to be an improvement designed used from 2006 onwards

Therefore. For a cu2 with a stock motor (ie: no skunk 2 cams. Lol) would have to be serious neglect or abuse for the timing chain to go.

...or
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

well there is the man, been waiting for a response from you mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    ...or

dont leave me in suspense Fredoops

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    I know a lot of people who had CL9s,and all upgraded to CU2s.

Its an update and an upgrade,that would be my recommendation.

Avoid VW,I had a Jetta before my CU2,and quality and reliability is nowhere near as good.

Really depends on what you want and need in a vehicle?

Is a sedan for you or could you swing an Integra or S2K???

If understated, reliable luxury wrapping an engaging chasis is for you it's hard to go past a CL9...

I would never buy a CU2 as it has grown too much for my tastes but i get why people do.

A DC5 Type R/S would be a nice way to keep the Honda reliability and K series in a more performance oriented package - or you could go a completely different way.

I am fairly new to the Honda owners club, coming from a VE SS ute (currently making 270rwkw) the ownership experience couldn't be more different and yet i prefer the CL9 in almost every way (at least as a daily to live with) and it attracts ZERO attention...from anybody! (Could be good could be bad depending on your needs!)

FWIW we also test drove Golf GTI's and whilst they are quicker and highly tuneable the Honda package is better quality and even the Missus noticed that the 6MT in the CL9 is a sweet sweet box - way better than the MT in the GTi's etc.

I would personally love to add an S2k to our garage now...

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    ...or
    Or...
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by RenzokukenJ View Post
    Or...
    ..or.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

>>>>>> UPDATE <<<<<<<

so after a bit of thought, decided to go with another CL9

2007 Silver standard with ~46000k for $12990. (with parking sensors and the dreadful navi)