5 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro '04

[CL9] Fog Light Cover REMOVAL/ DRL Installation

Hi guys and girls!
    I just bought a set of the Philips Daylight 4 DRL (daytime running lights) and was looking to mount them in one of two places...
    My preference is here: [PIC 1]

but this is an alternative: [PIC 2]

The alternative doesn't look great as a whole but I can't for the life of me find out how to take the fog light covers off, yes they are covers cause it's a standard model.

Any help much appreciated, I'd also like your opinions on the mounting positions

Thanks,
    Dale.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY07 Accord CM5
    honestly for me they look a bit tacky. but if i were to choose. i'd go the first one. second one, they might end up being too close.

to take the cover off you will be needing to take the front bar off, and there should be a screw holding them on.
    ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS ROCK FAKESH*T

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro '04
    Thanks for the input longers, I understand where you're coming from with the tacky biz and that's why I think the alternative is pretty bad..
    To note; they are obviously not installed and will look much better when properly flush and neat.

As per "taking off the bar" can you please explain (what is a front bar)?
    I've only had the car 2 weeks and I'm learning as I go, sorry for the noobiness.

Thanks again,
    Dale.

Member Array
    Car:
    '07 CL9 lux
    id say... dont do it at all.. get a fog light kit... and run LED globes...
    For Sale:
    95' Civic Sedan VTI 165,000ks
    5zigen GN+ (17 x 7.5 +43 4 x 100) with tyres
    07' CL9 Foglight covers Arctic Blue pm me!

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Sorry to be counter productive but i think they look a bit tacky too, it used to be symbolic of people who wish they had audis, now everyone runs them thinking they're cool or something? I can't see any practical benefit over just turning your headlights on if you want to be seen

Taking off the bar means taking off the bumper

If you must, i think picture 2 looks better.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro '04
    I'm running them as a safety feature as my car really is dark, instead of driving everywhere with 60W of lights blazing I can have these on (<60W).
    Any more hints for removing fog light covers?
    Thanks all.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro '04
    Found out how, had to get my hand right back behind the lower intake and kinda pull or push these little tabs.
    After that it just came out easily, no screw driver or tools necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    Sorry to be counter productive but i think they look a bit tacky too, it used to be symbolic of people who wish they had audis, now everyone runs them thinking they're cool or something? I can't see any practical benefit over just turning your headlights on if you want to be seen

Taking off the bar means taking off the bumper

If you must, i think picture 2 looks better.
    and the worst offenders out there. commodores usually with a skippy and the australian stars on the rear windshield. as if the commondore wasnt ugly enough they had to make it even worse.

I've seen a CU2 base with the DRL's in the fog light section, like your picture 1 and it looked tacky as hell.

I'm not sure where else to put them that'd look good but...

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro '04
    So it's obvious that most of you hate them :'( but I think mine look pretty neat anyway.
    (this isn't fully installed but that's how it will be, just gotta do the other side and wire it all up)

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    wouldn't say i hate it, just that it's not for me, and I never see it done nicely i suppose... but then who am i to tell you what you should and shouldn't do to your car right?
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    GTI /Tiguan/CU2
    I think they look decent and nice! The Phillips DRL 4 is much better than many other aftermarket LED DRL that look so blue or even purple.

I have seen LED's install that just look very cheap, all over the place and ricer.

I think it's not just Audi's that have LED DRL, Merc do have them, and many other brands including the new Civic hatch.

DRL is mandatory in Europe now, or soon.

http://www.caradvice.com.au/103267/d...ory-in-europe/

It's amazing how so many people think their headlights are only for them to see, but don't have understanding that they need to be seen for safety.