Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Is the Import scene dying ?

Hi all is it just me or is the import scene dying down ? I used to see so many imports everywhere I went especially around the sunny bank/Brisbane city area but in the past year or so It feels like it has died down dramatically ? anyone else getting the same feels or is it just me ?

Not many nice new cars, old imports getting old/crashed/wrecked etc...

New people are more into Euros and what not than the newer Japanese cars [Can't blame them, the local offerings have been shit].

Kids these days are into other stuff too, car culture overall has changed.
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Qld has a different interpretation of the import scene and has been hanging on to it for quite some time now.
    Sydney and Melbourne have died out some time ago....in Sydney for example , the import scene truly died when kids got sold "stance" and "illest" by hipster toasters trying to make some bucks and respect. This created kids just showing off lowered civics and the core of modifying died.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    I think it's a lot to do with online media being quick and easy hate portal
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

I feel like these days people just want something relatively new like an evo 8 or s15... Back in the day you would see old as hell cars like geminis is with sr20s in them and vl turbos with heaps of work put into them.

Not that those cars are my taste as I'm a fan of low down style

I just don't think I even remember the last time I saw a turbo Gemini or vl turbo with nice paint and presentation.

Modified civics like EGs and EKs are also becoming a less common sight which is sad.

Not even that...

I'm just seeing a sea of VAG products with a ton of dressup parts and a percentage of 86s [But most of them stock]...

Its sad to see the modifying cars is dying out like this but reality is many different factors [Cost of Mods/Cost of Living/Value of Car, Reps/Fakes, Fads, Law, etc] that contributes to the scene dying all round the world.
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    I don't think its dying.

Cars are an expensive hobby. Way things are going in Aus some may have had to make a choice whats feasible in life. Blowing dollars on a deprecating asset or a brighter future.

Also its true that the Jap market has been lacking somewhat in the last decade. Euro's are the way to go. The price of brand new Jap sport car is matching the price of a nice lux euro car.

I miss the good old days and when i say good old days i mean like 10 or so years ago every thursday night you would get like 50+ cars meeting up around 10ish then going cruising down the highway doing all sorts of crap and now....
    there is hardly any meets anymore.... and the ones that are held is full of people driving crap like 300c....... Which i have no idea about nor any of the same interest.. It really sucks

300c is a pretty cool car.

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Quote Originally Posted by Renaissance_x View Post
    300c is a pretty shit car.
    I agree
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM K20A
    Quote Originally Posted by RenzokukenJ View Post
    I agree
    me too, especially after I worked at Chrysler lol.