Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R

TYRE SIZE TO FIT 16x8 +27 ON DC2r?

Hey guys, just wondering what tyre size I'd be looking at fitting to wheels that are in the specs stated above, not looking at 'slamming' the car, just want it at an appropriate height probably just under the legal limit.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Bump! It's actually 16x8.5 +27

Member Array
    Car:
    no weetek civic
    Quote Originally Posted by tomolicious View Post
    Bump! It's actually 16x8.5 +27
    225/45/16
    SSpamily

hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    datsun 200b
    I'm running 215 45 16 on my 16x8 +32 ssr sp1's on the track
    VTEC+Turbo=dirty underpants

Best bet is 225/45/16 to fit on a dc2r, however 235 would be preferred - however 235's are pushing it on a dc2r.

225's might have a slight stretch, nothing too much nor noticeable. What wheels are they?

Hope that helps

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Thanks for the input guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Kelezzay View Post
    Best bet is 225/45/16 to fit on a dc2r, however 235 would be preferred - however 235's are pushing it on a dc2r.

225's might have a slight stretch, nothing too much nor noticeable. What wheels are they?

Hope that helps
    Mates got a set of p1s for sale that I was thinking about buying, slight stretch I'm not stressed as I don't have any intentions of tracking soon, more for guard clearance.

I'm currently lowered slightly in both front and rears, just about the tyre the wheel arch sits. If I decided to run 235s, would they clear my guards or would they fit nicely?

P.s: guards will be rolled if I purchased the wheels.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG-B, EK-D
    235s would be pretty wide im assuming on a dc2.

I have 225s on mine (eg though), and its rubbing on rear trailing arms.

Quote Originally Posted by tomolicious View Post
    Thanks for the input guys!

Mates got a set of p1s for sale that I was thinking about buying, slight stretch I'm not stressed as I don't have any intentions of tracking soon, more for guard clearance.

I'm currently lowered slightly in both front and rears, just about the tyre the wheel arch sits. If I decided to run 235s, would they clear my guards or would they fit nicely?

P.s: guards will be rolled if I purchased the wheels.
    235's will definitely be too wide. 215's could do the trick, however 215's tyre options are not cheap.

Best best is 215's, tyres will stretch, but they will allow you to fit the wheels pretty well imo. Seeing as your guards will be rolled, you'll be fine.

I had 205's on a 16x8 +35 and there was slight stretch, however because your wheels are wider and the offset is quite high, 215/45's will be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelezzay View Post

Hope that helps
    sorry to interrupt, but how would a dc2r be with 225/45/16? Will it rub with standard suspension running the jdm dc2r 16x7 oem rims? I'm not finding any luck getting 215/45/16 tyres.
    thanks

+27 you're going to have some pretty gnarly rubbing if you go too far wide without rolling your guards. I'm at +35 and finding that's the outer limits of an 8inch rim with a 205 on it. I can't imagine a wheel being out 8mm further. In fact I can actually when I had my wheels at first before I redrilled them from Toyota centrebore to Honda centrebore they were out about that further, and the only option if I kept it liked that would have been pumped guards, or pumped guards. You're going to run into that issue. At that sort of offset the tyre would no longer sit underneath the guard without pumped guards.

Your car is going to end up looking more like this, it's a particular issue at the rear more than the front, that's only +30 also.

Last edited by Integra-GSi; 20-10-2015 at 02:33 AM.