Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra DA9

Some newbie DA questions......

Just how effective are these Cold Air Intake systems? Do they actually make much difference to onroad performance or do they just look cool under the bonnet for those of us without a turbo? I have an Advanced Engine Management CAI.

Same question for the extractors & full exhaust, do they really help the engine breathe much better or just look cool and make more noise? I have the DC Sports exhaust.

Are the two systems, inlet and exhaust, matched to get maximum benefit?

Are there changes made to ecu or fuel injection to give improved performance as a result of the engine breathing better?

Is there a chart or some spec sheet or performance curve I can view to compare against the factory performance data or do I need to dyno the thing?

How do I know if the Mugen badge on the rear is just that, a badge, or if it relates to anything else performance related? From what I read, Mugen do wheels, body kits and engine components etc.

Not that it really matters, I'm just wondering. Incidentally, these questions relate to a 1990 Integra LS DA9 with the B1.8A engine coupled to a 5 speed box. Oh, and it does actually go surprisingly well when it's driven.

Cheers, Smokescreen.
    Last edited by Smokescreen; 11-09-2015 at 04:58 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Intake, Headers and Exhaust will give you benefit.

To make the most of the mod you need a tune. Yes it does help engine breath better. The stock ecu will make some changes, but very limited.

Now as per if the parts are matched..... no one here will answer that for you. Your talking race level shit, requires testing, modifying, testing etc etc to get this down correct. noimsaying something you wouldn't be worried about if you were putting on ebay parts.

Also in most cases that mugen badge is a mugen badge. They also do performance parts like exhausts and superchargers for example.

FYI the only reason why your car moves cos its weight. Dat engine needs a type R head. Google LS Vtec .... or a turbo.

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    I recommend k24
    SSpamily