Member Array
    Car:
    Civic coupe

Track day question

Track day warriors which transmission oil are you running and why, price / quality and are you changing it often.
    Many thanks

Track day question

Standard Honda mtf is fine, no need to get anything racing specific.

Never had any issues using it, shifts well during track events and after on the street.

My transmission has done 280k on the street before taking it to the track and still shifts fine and no gear whine or rattles to be heard.

I changed mine before I first tracked it then after a few events when I did an engine build, only changed it because it picked up dirt and muck when I was draining it but it came out looking as new otherwise.
    Last edited by rc_; 06-09-2015 at 07:55 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    I've heard of some people adding compressor fluid. works a charm
    SSpamily

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by Howardm View Post
    Track day warriors which transmission oil are you running and why, price / quality and are you changing it often.
    Many thanks
    When I was running stock ITR transmission I used Penrite pro gear 75w-85. It seemed to give the best shifts all round.

I used to change it before every track day, it cost something like $50 for 2.5L

It's viscosity and grade (GL4) are suitable for Honda transmissions and it supposedly has good shock resistance compared to OEM and similar fluids.

I'm only using motul FF LSD type 2 now because I'm running different internals and LSD settings.
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    What gearset u running tim
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by u mad? View Post
    What gearset u running tim
    Sorry didn't really clarify lol, ITR standard gears but I'm using carbon synchros and sleeves etc, LSD is Cusco RS plate type. These synchros and LSD settings are working better with the motul stuff but it's so expensive..
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Super-DA9 View Post
    When I was running stock ITR transmission I used Penrite pro gear 75w-85. It seemed to give the best shifts all round.

I used to change it before every track day, it cost something like $50 for 2.5L

It's viscosity and grade (GL4) are suitable for Honda transmissions and it supposedly has good shock resistance compared to OEM and similar fluids.

I'm only using motul FF LSD type 2 now because I'm running different internals and LSD settings.
    Thanks for the info Super-DA9, i got in touch with Penrite and they recommended the same product as you.
    All changed and ready to go, counting the days.