Thread: ABS problem

ABS problem

Hi,
    So I have a problem with my EP3. I don't think the problem is model specific hence I'm posting it here.

For a long time my ABS light has been on and when I went to scan it, it said the front right abs wheel speed sensor needed to be replaced.
    I replaced it with a sensor from another EP3, but unforntunately the guy gave me the front left instead of front right, but I was told that it doesnt matter, so I chucked it in anyways and zip tied it as the brackets are made for the opposite side.
    I then cleaned the abs sensors and abs tone ring for both sides.
    Now, the abs light comes on and off periodically. When it's off, the ABS kicks in when I brake to come to a stop. It usually kicks in when I get to under 20km/h. When the ABS light is on, this doesn't happen (so I'm guessing when the abs light is on, the abs system is off).

I don't know what to do now. I've gotten a mechanic to look at it and he doesnt know either. He checked the resistance of the sensor and it seems okay I think. But if anyone knows the right resistance reading please tell me! And if I were to replace the sensor again, will it need to be from an EP3 or can I get it from a different car, for example, the 4 door EU civic.

And please, I've gotten the code scanned and cleared multiple times. In which the light will come back to haunt me.

Any input/advice will be appreciated. Thanks!

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    You need to use a waveform viewer to see the signal the WSS is providing.

When the ABS lamp is on the ABS system is in failsafe mode and does not operate.

Does the RF WSS code comeback every time after a reset ?

Hmm, I'll have to research up on this waveform viewer.
    Yeah the code doesn't come back straight away. Pretty much everytime I start the car, there's no abs light. I start driving and stop a few times with the abs kicking while coming to a stop. After a few times I guess it triggers the ecu to put up the abs light and turn off abs. Comes and goes really.

I recently tried to sand down the area where the abs sensor is mounted to get the sensor to sit closer to the tone ring. I think it's made a difference as the abs now kicks in around 10km/h instead of 20km/h. But I'm not sure how much closer I can get it before the sensor starts to touch the tone ring.