Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    JazzVibeS/Prado

My Euro has a siren stuck in it.

Let me explain.
    Randomly through the day my car will make a WHOOO sound for about 1/2 a second which sounds just like the start of a police siren. At first I thought it was the brakes making the noise as I only noticed it whilst stopped, but it's now done it at 100km/hr as well. This time it did it about 2 seconds after I turned the air con on. I don't know if that had anything to do with it or was just a coincidence. Ever since I think it's done it with the air con on after being turned off for some time(10mins+), but I might be only grasping at straws.
    It's really random and might not even do it at all for 2-3 days.

Any ideas or should I check into the loony bin now?
    Jazz: stock, K&N panel filter.
    120 Series Prado GXL Petrol: Pacemaker extractors, Dual 2 1/4" exhaust, 70 series MT STZ's, ARB non-winch bullbar, snorkel, Dimpled and slotted rotors.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    It's probably your accessory belt slipping. The sound should happen when your A/C compressor kicks in.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz
    This happened on my old Corolla as well... so you are not loony.... Not sure why it happens I think has something to do with pipes momentarily freezing around the air flow pipes which causes the sound as it only happened when the air con was very cold... Also as aarong suggest's could be youur belt but that is more a high pitched squeal... On my Corolla though was not the belt causing it was advised could be the cold..
    Last edited by Peekay34; 22-02-2007 at 08:16 PM.
    Red Honda Jazz Vti-S, Updated stereo, Subwoofer, Red Trim Kit, Sports Grille.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2,3MPS,VESPA
    Quote Originally Posted by BiLL|z0r View Post
    Let me explain.
    Randomly through the day my car will make a WHOOO sound for about 1/2 a second which sounds just like the start of a police siren. At first I thought it was the brakes making the noise as I only noticed it whilst stopped, but it's now done it at 100km/hr as well. This time it did it about 2 seconds after I turned the air con on. I don't know if that had anything to do with it or was just a coincidence. Ever since I think it's done it with the air con on after being turned off for some time(10mins+), but I might be only grasping at straws.
    It's really random and might not even do it at all for 2-3 days.

Any ideas or should I check into the loony bin now?
    got the same thing too...must get it looked at next service.

i have the same problem too!!!

sometimes, its louder, and sometimes its more quiet.

When driving in city traffic, it tends to be a bit more of a problem, and the noise is louder and they go for a bit longer (about 1sec).

It also happens when driving on a highway, but it doesnt happen as often, and the noise isnt as loud.

I dont think, its associated with the A/C. Mine seems to be coming from the centre of the car.
    The car makes the noise, on flat roads, uphill/downhill, moving, stationery, going fast/slow.
    Last edited by Gerald28; 23-02-2007 at 02:30 PM.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Evaporator outlet you reckon?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 > CL9 > RE4
    Yeah my friend's car got the same problem.. it sound when the A/C kick in.. but when he check up to the doctor.. the doctor said there is no problem.. just a freeze piping..

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    I think my Euro has a similar issue.

When the car is semi-warmed up in the morning (quarter of the way up) and I slowly drive off, the car makes a whirring noise for a second when I engage the clutch in first gear and steer right.

The noise is quite loud and sounds like one of those party horn blower things:

The sound goes away after the first time.
    Not sure if its the steering system or the clutch system..
    .© ♪

Member Array
    Car:
    JazzVibeS/Prado
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald28 View Post
    i have the same problem too!!!

sometimes, its louder, and sometimes its more quiet.

When driving in city traffic, it tends to be a bit more of a problem, and the noise is louder and they go for a bit longer (about 1sec).

It also happens when driving on a highway, but it doesnt happen as often, and the noise isnt as loud.

I dont think, its associated with the A/C. Mine seems to be coming from the centre of the car.
    The car makes the noise, on flat roads, uphill/downhill, moving, stationery, going fast/slow.
    Yerp, sounds like it. Definately does it more in traffic than highway.
    Jazz: stock, K&N panel filter.
    120 Series Prado GXL Petrol: Pacemaker extractors, Dual 2 1/4" exhaust, 70 series MT STZ's, ARB non-winch bullbar, snorkel, Dimpled and slotted rotors.

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Found out that my 6MT makes the whirring noise when the clutch is ridden when semi warmed up.
    (usually I dont ride the clutch but when the clutch is ridden you can hear the noise longer, the noise can only be heard for half a second when the clutch is used normally)

Anyone else get this noise?
    Last edited by EuroDude; 26-02-2007 at 08:26 AM.
    .© ♪

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroDude View Post
    Found out that my 6MT makes the whirring noise when the clutch is ridden when semi warmed up.
    (usually I dont ride the clutch but when the clutch is ridden you can hear the noise longer, the noise can only be heard for half a second when the clutch is used normally)

Anyone else get this noise?
    I don't ride the clutch, so I don't get to hear it. But I notice that the first time that I'm take off in 1st from a standstill in the morning, the clutch slip is rough. But after that 1st time, every subsequent take off from 1st is smooth. It's as if the clutch material or the flywheel face has some oxidation on it.

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    ^ Yeh I get the roughness 1st thing in the morning too. Hopefully the noise is just from overnight oxidization
    .© ♪