Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    cheers, I've already got another dizzy which looks better condition than mine.. i'll swap it out tonight. Only problem is, i have not got a timing gun and the new (secondhand) dizzy doesnt have markings on it obviously. I'll just have to try line it up as best I can. At least to get it started anyway.
    Do i need to disconnect the battery before removing the dizzy to avoid shorting anything?

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Yes .
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

ok I've just about had it with this car. I can't believe a small fix for oil seals could cause such grief. I swapped over the dizzy and was hoping it'd be it, but nooooo stupid thing didnt start.

So i took out the ecu and opened it up. All looks good, no burnt or signs of blown components.

I dont know what else i can check.. any ideas?

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    does it crank?
    SSpamily

Yeah it cranks, but won't start. Fuel pump is good, I can hear it priming like normal. Injectors are ticking away so their working. I really don't know what else it could be now. I've checked everything I know that would cause this.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Go through the diagnostic process, confirm you are getting fuel, confirm you are getting a spark.

You might have flooded the motor as well as having timing out of whack
    Check your spark plugs , make sure they are clean and dry.
    Get everything setup again , prime motor and then apply WOT on and off when starting. IF it does suddenly bang into life instantly back off the throttle ofcourse. it will be a rough idle for a bit but should back down to base line.
    Also consider a spray of "start ya bitch" or similar starting spray directly into the throttle body before attempting the above

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    Retard timing all the way
    SSpamily

I'll check for spark and check spark plugs tonight. Looks like i have to get a timing gun from some where if I am going to retard the timing.. Anyone living in melbourne's west want to help with this

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    No need timing gun. Just turn distributor all the way anticlockwise
    SSpamily

Oh!! do you mean before i start it? do i need to disconnect the wires to it first?

And the timing gun is required for adjusting the timing after i retard it is what i mean

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Quote Originally Posted by MiXuPs View Post
    Oh!! do you mean before i start it? do i need to disconnect the wires to it first?

And the timing gun is required for adjusting the timing after i retard it is what i mean
    You do not really need a timing gun
    You can usually tell when the cars timing is advanced or retarded
    As long as the cam and crank are dead on
    it's just the dizzy
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum