1994 Accord fuel pump

Hi all,

My 1994 Accord stranded me today with a failed fuel pump - parked it, and it simply cranked without firing. I had previously been hearing a whine from the back of the car for a few days (even without the kids in the back seat) so I thought the fuel pump was the likely problem. This was (I think) confirmed when the RACV guy came and gave the fuel tank a couple of whacks from underneath with a mallet while I turned the key. It started straight away, but on arrival at home... the fuel pump is now out of commission.

The question is this - as far as I can tell, the fuel tank needs to be lowered to get the pump out. Before I do this, I want to double check whether the pump is accessible if you remove the base of the rear seat. I would rather do the job from above than from below if it is possible.

This is, to be totally honest, a bit of a throw-away car that I am reluctant to do much work on at all, but I would like to have it running a bit longer if I can so I will have to press on and fix it before I can dump it. I have to admit that other than this it has been very reliable despite not really getting looked after.

Any help appreciated.

Jason

Follow up question, anyone know of a mobile mech who would replace the fuel pump here in Boronia, Vic for me?
    Last edited by anthropoidape; 08-10-2015 at 03:00 PM.

send username cbauto a message, he's always available for jobs like these.

AAA+++ work, would get car fixed by him again. 10/10

Quote Originally Posted by lolmclol View Post
    send username cbauto a message, he's always available for jobs like these.

AAA+++ work, would get car fixed by him again. 10/10
    Why do I get the feeling you are messing with me.

Quote Originally Posted by anthropoidape View Post
    Why do I get the feeling you are messing with me.
    I don't know why you would be getting that feeling. But in my experience when cbauto came and repaired a problem that I was having on my car, he was extremely professional, and the price I was charged was in-line with what I was quoted from a local workshop.

I apologise if you felt there was any dishonesty in my previous reply.

Quote Originally Posted by lolmclol View Post
    I don't know why you would be getting that feeling. But in my experience when cbauto came and repaired a problem that I was having on my car, he was extremely professional, and the price I was charged was in-line with what I was quoted from a local workshop.

I apologise if you felt there was any dishonesty in my previous reply.
    Ah! Sorry, I was suspicious because I am new here and thought I might be getting toyed with, and because cbauto seems to be in WA whereas I am in Vic.

Thanks for the reply!

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Honda fuel pumps rarely die
    If they do it was most likely running low on petrol too much
    Youre= biggest culprit is more than liekly your main relay
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Hi all,

My 1994 Accord stranded me today with a failed fuel pump - parked it, and it simply cranked without firing. I had previously been hearing a whine from the back of the car for a few days (even without the kids in the back seat) so I thought the fuel pump was the likely problem. This was (I think) confirmed when the RACV guy came and gave the fuel tank a couple of whacks from underneath with a mallet while I turned the key. It started straight away, but on arrival at home... the fuel pump is now out of commission.

The question is this - as far as I can tell, the fuel tank needs to be lowered to get the pump out. Before I do this, I want to double check whether the pump is accessible if you remove the base of the rear seat. I would rather do the job from above than from below if it is possible.

This is, to be totally honest, a bit of a throw-away car that I am reluctant to do much work on at all, but I would like to have it running a bit longer if I can so I will have to press on and fix it before I can dump it. I have to admit that other than this it has been very reliable despite not really getting looked after.

Any help appreciated.

Jason
    You will have to remove the tank
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    Long history
    Download a copy of the workshop manual from here:
    http://hondatech.info/downloads/Auto/Manuals/Accord/

Ab0VE Honda Accord CD7 CD9 Service Manual zip

A 94-97 Accord is a CD Accord. Seems fuel tank needs to be dropped, but really it isnt that hard.

http://www.jollysupullit.com.au/ Has heaps of CD accords. Get a pump from one of them.

Thanks very much guys. I will get into the job this weekend.

Done... thanks. Frankly I didn't enjoy it much

Fortunately it was indeed the fuel pump so all is well now. I had a few hiccups, in fact ot was uncanny how uncooperative it wanted to be.

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    Long history
    Done... thanks. Frankly I didn't enjoy it much

Fortunately it was indeed the fuel pump so all is well now. I had a few hiccups, in fact ot was uncanny how uncooperative it wanted to be.

Cheers
    good job dude