Hello all..I have Honda Euro 2006.
Have drive it today to work, stopped at Bunnings for few minutes and then got back into my car and drove it to work.
Turned of and was going to get something from the back and hear a loud hissing / grinding kind of a noise, though it was coming from some road works but it was coming from my engine bay.
It was really load and it was not an air con decompressing as I was not running aircon at all, it lasted good few minutes, as if it was releasing some pressure.
Then I hear like a switch or a relay and it stopped.

I cannot turn my car on now, battery is in great condition, starter is not cranking, I have changed starter probably couple of months ago, all indicates it is the starter that is the issue, I can change it under warranty but it is not easy to take it off and I am really confused and concerned about the noise I heared as I have never heard it before, engine has never overheated, normal operating temperature.

I have ODB2 reader on my way to try to read some fault codes, until then I am not sure where t start, all fuses look good, I am not sure if I have not connected all the cables and starter/hoses after re-installing the starter but if that was the case it would have done so way before as I have been running it for over 2 months now.

I cannot see starter making this kind of noise after engine was turned off..

Any suggestions ideas are welcome...thanks...