Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    It's just like having your nose unblocked by some menthol spray and you just suddenly breathe alot better and run faster!
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroAccord13
    It's just like having your nose unblocked by some menthol spray and you just suddenly breathe alot better and run faster!
    Yeah - but what do I pay these dealers for? I am certain they haven't cleaned it in 3 services. I don't know this for sure but it was mega dirty and the book only shows the filter as an item at 40,000kms.

I still love HONDA! Array
    Car:
    Black8
    I've had a look at mine when I installed the buddy club racing spec condenser about 2 weeks ago, it's quite clean apart from some leaves and bug. I think my dealer did clean the air filter and it is mentioned in the service details.
    euro77 by Jimmy (toE)

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng
    If you're buying the K&N filter from carshopinc. please let me know. I would also want to buy one (and the cleaning kit)
    Probably will get it from there - depends on shipping cost of other places. I too want the cleaning kit but just realised "ground shipping only" for the cleaning kit presumably due to the oil. Looks like we will have to get the cleaning kit in AUstralia - for more money.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Was that the aerosol or squeeze bottle type oil? Going to AutoOne tomorrow to ask for a price.

Member Array
    Car:
    09Euro, 08CR-V
    I will check my filter tomorrow, as mine is already 31800km. apart from the things u have described, I hope I dont see any other substance stuck on it. eg, dead rat, dead toad.

K&N air filters' prices differ from model to model. but in Australia, you are expected to pay more than $100 for sure. The one that used to fit in my 1997 Camry v6 cost about $110 (from memory).

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng
    Was that the aerosol or squeeze bottle type oil? Going to AutoOne tomorrow to ask for a price.
    They have both types - and they both say ground shipping only

PNR888 - I think you are right about the over $100. I found an old post for someone with a Euro who paid $120 for the K&N. So getting it from the USA sounds like the way to go - it is effectively half price including shipping costs. We are being fleeced in Aust - fleeced!

*** Update- Honda OEM filter $48AUD from my dealer. Note - Acura of Escondido sell them for only $17US. K&N still seems like the best buy from the USA
    Last edited by yfin; 18-04-2005 at 11:08 AM.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Just passed AutoBarn. AU$139!!!! We can get the filter from US, and get the cleaning/oilling kit locally here. Even if it is triple the price, it should stay under $50 for the kit.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz
    Don't buy the K&N... ITG is much better trust me I have tried both on my previous car and the ITG wins by a long way..
    Last edited by Peekay34; 18-04-2005 at 01:35 PM.
    Red Honda Jazz Vti-S, Updated stereo, Subwoofer, Red Trim Kit, Sports Grille.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by Peekay34
    Don't buy the K&N... ITG is much better trust me I have tried both on my previous car and the ITG wins by a long way..
    Peekay - I totally believe you. I just can't justify in my mind the extra $100 for the ITG. If I saw a dyno suggesting the difference was 5kw between filters - maybe - but I am sure the difference will only be a few hp. Value has to be part of the equation - and for $60 delivered the K&N is good value. If I wanted absolute performance in every respect I wouldn't even be looking at panel filters - I would go Injen or Typhoon.
    Last edited by yfin; 18-04-2005 at 02:02 PM.

Memory oF A PIMP'n Euro Array
    Car:
    Bavarian Motor Works
    Looks like the best option is to get ur K&N panel from the good ol U S of A...

I used to have a K&N panel airfilter on my old car, & it sure is easy to clean. Get accustomed to cleaning it once every 6-12 months...

The Cleaning kit only costs AUS $20-30... Its not that expensive..

Member Array
    Car:
    04 accord euro
    This is interesting, I have also noticed the crap (including tar like stuff) on my filter, but I have modified the intake to catch air direct from the spot light hole in thefront bumper, and I was putting the crap down to that. Actually because of this I was thinking of replacing the resonator etc. but if you are seeing the same with the oem set up I'll leave it as is and just get the cleanable K&N.

Did you end up confirming part numbers, and shipping etc? if you did could you confirm. That carshop link describes a 4.2 accord ! (that would be nice) its probably just a typo, but want to be sure. If its definatley the right part at that price I'll get one too.