Thread: DC2 vitr towbar

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Integra VTIR

DC2 vitr towbar

Any1 ever put a towbar on their dc2 and actaully towed with it. Recomended weights are 450kg with a braked trailer and 50?kg download on the bar. Thing is wat i want to tow is a boat, the weight is about 470kg unbraked and the downweight is about 45kg. So my question is has any1 towed anything like this weight and what happens ect, esp without brakes as its just like having 4 overweight ppl in the car so i cant imagine it to be to big a problem on the brakes and eng shouldnt have a problem with the load either i cant imagine.

Thanks Adam

ive read that there's no problems towing with a teg, cept for the fact that they are tq'less wonders :P

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Integra VTIR
    heh maybe i should turbo charge or super charge it then lol

LOL!

my 98 Teg still has the trailer tail light connection in the boot!!!

are you interested in it?

i cant imagine it towing too much - there was a sticker on the door that the max towing capacity was 450kg...
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Integra VTi-R
    Quote Originally Posted by Fattony
    Any1 ever put a towbar on their dc2 and actaully towed with it. Recomended weights are 450kg with a braked trailer and 50?kg download on the bar. Thing is wat i want to tow is a boat, the weight is about 470kg unbraked and the downweight is about 45kg. So my question is has any1 towed anything like this weight and what happens ect, esp without brakes as its just like having 4 overweight ppl in the car so i cant imagine it to be to big a problem on the brakes and eng shouldnt have a problem with the load either i cant imagine.

Thanks Adam
    http://media.ebaumsworld.com/cartrailor.wmv

that is what happens if you try to tow something to big ^_^..

i think you should be really careful trying to tow something with your VTir..

torque might be a problem im not sure if you be able to move. 470 kilo been pulled from the back of you car.. thats umm equivilent to umm 4 120kg men in your car.. thats huge... dont forget to add yourself into the equasion as well =P..
    "Tony Stark was able to build this in a cave! With a box of scraps!"

Wayne: Funny.. Mugsees car is also built in a cave with a bunch of scraps, also its red and gold.. interesting......

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3 VTIS
    i have towed 2 motorbikes in a trailer in my civic....no trouble at all....the bikes are more than 120kg's each....and thats with a rooted gearbox....

all i can say is just try not to tow uphill
    WTB: [SYD] Cheap Gen 2 CRX (or shell)

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Integra VTIR
    Hmmmm charging the motor seems to be a better option to make the car have decent towing qualities lol

I have a tow bar on my VTi-R teg and have only towed a full box trailer full of dirt before with no problems.
    I would be very carefull towing a boat though since when you launch it you will have all the weight transferred to the rear and will lift weight off the front wheels and cause you to wheel spin very easily on a wet slippery ramp.
    I think you woulbd be fine with a box trailer, but launching a boat, I'd pass on that