Page 13 of 52 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623 ... LastLast
    Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    ^^ You're rightCC doesn't use brakes. Just shuts the off the injectors.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng
    ^^ You're rightCC doesn't use brakes. Just shuts the off the injectors.
    The car is physically slowing down rapidly, im sure the brakes are being applied.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Sport 6MT '06
    As far I as I am aware, the Euro's sold in Oz dont have adaptive cruise control, so the car does not apply the brakes with cruise control set. The engine compression is high, so when the cc releases the throttle and the injectors are off the car will feel like there is a light brake application going on, but it doesnt actually do that. Besides, when you're running on cc the car is maintaining a constant set speed and not declerating, so there is no need for the brake lights to come on anyways. As the car isnt actually slowing down then where is the danger?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Sport 6MT '06
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarista
    The car is physically slowing down rapidly, im sure the brakes are being applied.
    If the car is slowing down rapidly then cruise control must have cancelled. The whole point to cruise control is to maintain a constant speed, not to slow down the car.

Holding the '-' button when in cruise control is no different to lifting your foot off the throttle. The brake lights dont come on just because you release the throttle, so obviously they shouldnt come on when the '-' button is pressed either.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury Manual
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarista
    I'm 99% sure the Euro's CC doesn't brake. As far as i know, the only cars that brake are the ones with adaptive (radar-guided) cruise control, and the new BMW 3-Series (not radar-guided but does brake to maintain speed)

If your're going downhill (with CC on) and hold "-", the car can still gain speed if the hill is steep enough
    Last edited by evolution42; 20-05-2006 at 03:30 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord V6-L
    Quote Originally Posted by VirIIx
    glancing over the stuff.. i don't think i saw this mentioned.

if the euro is locked, and you unlock the car, if doors haven't been opened, the car will lock itself again after half a minute or so..

but the best one i found was, if you unlock the car and just open the boot and close it, the car will lock itself automatically.

correct me if im wrong please
    Thats not special. Practically every new car does that. My '91 Soarer does that.

Quote Originally Posted by IS250
    Thats not special. Practically every new car does that. My '91 Soarer does that.
    Gold Star for your soarer.

This thread isn't about being special like you - its about 'interesting bits on the euro found by euro owners for the potential benefit of other euro owners'.

Euro owners appreciate this thread.

DocB

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2006 Accord Euro
    Hi Guys,

Was checking the oil etc on the weekend and noticed something new.

Did any of you know that the windscreen wiper washer bottle has a dip stick???

Member Array
    Car:
    MY06 Accord Euro Std MT
    Quote Originally Posted by thenozman
    Hi Guys,

LOL yes...

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Haha really, a dip stick? Thats a bit strange.

btw what do you guys put in there, just normal water? Or are you supposed to add a bit of window cleaner fluid?

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by thenozman
    Hi Guys,

ahahah for real?
    i'll have a look tonight.

does anyone know what those plastic flap things infront of the front wheels are for? their like these black plastic things that come down and their pretty stiff.

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    They are mud flaps for the front wheels, so dirt doesnt go up into the engine bay area. I imagine they also for sound proofing to some degree, to avoid stones from hitting metal.