Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Jazz missing in 2nd gear

Hi folks,
    Hope Im in the right place. We just bought a Jazz, 2005.

A couple of things to ask you..

I Downloaded a win zip thing. IM buggered if I can open anything! probably me tho, Im no IT ninja..anybody else had that problem?

Another thing is, second day we had it, it started missing, I think it was anyway. Just misses a beat then picks straight back up again. Wife said it was worse this afternoon tho.
    Had a quick look but Im totally lost under the bonnet on these modern engines, didnt recognize anything!

On older cars Id have suspected the coil breaking down when it was hot, but Id only done about 2ks!

I couldnt see a coil that I could recognize either

Anybody got any ideas please?

Many thanks

Daryl

Try winrar or similar for your unzipping needs

Second , missing in second ?
    (if auto) try flushing the CVT fluid with fresh stuff . This can help with the box if left for a long time

Also , the Jazz has coil packs. Depending on model, there is generally one per spark plug per cylinder. Located on the back of the motor opposite the firewall.

Hi Bennjamin & thanks mate,
    Yeah, 2nd... I thought it strange too, but thought id state it in case it was relevent.
    so far, the only time its missed has been in that gear.
    Would it be possible to distinguish which coi/coils were faulty? And would you have to go through a main dealer? or can you get them off the shelf?

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    You can get the coils aftermarket too
    Go down to Repco/SCA when they have sales
    To check if a coil is bad, unplug it while the car is on. If nothing happens - the coil is bad. If the car has a hissy fit - the coil is good
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Thanks Jasemas. The fault seems to be intermittent, just a quick stutter then back to normal. I ll give it ago at the weekend.

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8 CRX
    Hey mate I'm not a mechanic but one of my first crx's had a miss. It was most prominent while accelerating under mid load. Would stutter then clear out. I changed plugs and a bunch of other stuff before giving up. It ended up being a spark lead had a slight split so the spark was jumping out at certain loads and not reaching the spark plug. I hadn't changed the leads as they looked new. Pretty easy fix if that is it.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Jazz dont have leads
    But ignition coils
    But the principal is the same

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Cheers Bud, Its all food for thought thanks. I would have been checking it out if it had them cos I had similar with carbon fiber ones previously. I like copper, you know wigglies travel down copper ok.

Jasemas,

So what are the small electrical connections with the three thin wires to each?
    Around about the same place where youd normally find a spark plug, only theres 8 of them..
    Are they the connections to the ign coils?

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    If im not mistaken those electrical connections go to the actual ignition coil themselves

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    If your from Sydney.

Pep's Auto has em cheaper then repco.

Sounds like your coil are out, I'd put my money on the 3rd cylinder.

Also the CVT should be flushed a few times if your a new owner, if you want it to last. Im nearly 150,000KM no problems

Pull em out and you will see which one, mine had turned Pink across all 4 @ 110, 000KM approx.

Other symptoms I experienced. Bad fuel economy was edging close to 8l/100KM. Total Power Loss if was too harsh coming on the accelerator.
    Last edited by amant02; 30-10-2015 at 04:33 AM.