Civic Type R FN2 Headlights / Left orange bulb

Hi all,

Have followed this forum for years and think it's fantastic. I've had a 2010 Milano Red FN2 CTR from new and love it.

Had a low speed front accident a few weeks ago that has now been repaired. But two things I've noticed - the left headlamp has orange indicator bulbs yet the right has a clear bulb (silvery looking). Both headlamps were replaced & it's a top quality shop here in Brisbane, but this doesn't seem right? I don't have another car to check it with. See pics (the bulb is orange in left lamp that makes the reflective material behind it appear orange).

Also, in the impact the bonnet latch has been bent just at the front. They didn't fix that as I'm guessing they didn't realize it was damaged. Can someone confirm that only the front bit at the black plastic needs to be turned up slightly? I'm wondering if I should insist it's replaced even though it could be fixed with pliers pretty easily. I've only been able to look at pics online but none show it too closely.

Thanks heaps,
    Andrew

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Obvioussly not a top quality shop if theres still issues
    My guessing is they have used either a pre face lift or facelifted headlight assembly
    And im willing to bet its aftermarket
    I'd get it rectified ASAP
    And them not fixing the latch is a bit piss poor
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Civic Type R FN2 Headlights / Left orange bulb

Hi Jasemas, thx for reply.

They (Shipstone) are quality - every other car there was a German car as well as prob 5/6 Bentleys, few Jags and an Aston Martin! so they know they're stuff.

The lights are original Honda ones as all parts are (I have the estimate with the Honda part no's) and obv stamping on the part.

The part no's listed were:

Left 33151SMGE01
    Right 33101SMGE01

Wonder if I could call Honda parts and check? It sounds like one headlight was pre a change to silver/clear bulbs, though the design of the reflective structures etc is identical.

I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt re the latch - it doesn't appear wrong, if they didn't often work on Civics it wouldn't be that apparent. Pic I attached makes it look a lot worse than it is (the only difference in original is the black bit comes out straight, but that bend along the length etc is all identical).
    Last edited by drewh01; 31-10-2015 at 11:42 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Man shes never gonna be 100% after being hit.

I have an asian bitch I have been thru my fair share of loops with insurance companies.

Go back to the shop and stress to them your unhappy and even hint it in conversation that your willing to go back to your insurance company.

If they are top notch like you say, they will book you in straight away to be rectified.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    If they dont help, call your insurance company and yell that person over the phone, and it will be sorted, may take some time but you dont have pay a single cent or do the work yourself.

Yes I'll do that - I'm sure it'll be rectified fine (only picked up car Friday). Was just interested in people's thoughts of what might have happened with the lights - it was chance I even noticed that. I know my local Honda Southside Honda has a staff member that owns a CTR so might ask them to check to know what a stock one had (guessing orange bulbs)

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    I would also look for imperfections in the paint.

Do it when the Sun is up. This is the area most shops get wrong.

The headlight assemblies are the same from 2006-2011, only the UKs EX-GT HID is different.
    The most likely issue with the the whole orange bulb is the workshop just installed a standard amber bulb rather than one of those silver flashing amber bulb