Newcomer Array
    Car:
    none

Question 2002/2003 CR-V, Anything I should know ??

Hey guys,

Scouting around for a 2002-2003 CRV and was wondering if you guys had any information that I should be aware of?

It's my understanding that, 2002> models have a Timing Chain rather than a Timing belt... is this true? If so, is it for all 2002+ models? How do I tell if it has the chain or belt? Can you tell from the VIN number?

Obviously because of its age, they could have high KMs (200k +) ... is there anything that is known to go wrong or anything I should look out for due to the high KMs ?

How cheap exactly are HONDA spare parts? I do hear that Hondas are expensive to service/repair.. though I'm not sure if that's due to the parts or labor involved. I don't mind getting my hands dirty and tinkering under the hood if required.

Do i need to use HONDA OEM parts/fluids? Are aftermarket oils, filters, fluids, bearings etc.. ok?

The only real issue I've come across during research is the potential of the AC Compressor failing. has anyone replaced this with an aftermarket AC compressor.. or replaced the compressor themselves? How difficult was it ?

Any tips, feedback etc.. would be great.

Thanks in advance

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    none
    *bump*