Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question how to tell difference

Need to sort out a problem with my partners 2005 GLI Jazz and a bad miss it has once warmed up, have been told the coils can sometimes be an issue so was going to buy a set online but not sure how to tell if 1.3 or 1.5 motor? it's an auto and I know it takes 8 spark plugs somehow, (which I also intend buying another set) but wanted to know firtly how to tell which motor is which and if the same set of coils suites both motors?

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    4 cylinder engine will take 4 spark plugs brah

Unless you putting 4 in the exhaust to shoot flames
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Quote Originally Posted by RenzokukenJ View Post
    4 cylinder engine will take 4 spark plugs brah

Unless you putting 4 in the exhaust to shoot flames
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dual_ignition

Not saying a jazz has this but your statement is not 100 percent true in all circumstances.
    Last edited by Renaissance_x; 02-11-2015 at 04:55 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Lmfao

Dat info would be fantastic rennie, if I actually specified that all 4 cylinder aero engines had 4 spark plugs

Pls take your shit posting to 4chan
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Alpha Romeo has used dual ignition engines in cars.. It's not just aircraft engines.

Lmfao

Dat info would be fantastic rennie, if I actually specified that all 4 cylinder aero engines had 4 spark plugs

Pls take your shit posting to 4chan
    Last edited by Renaissance_x; 02-11-2015 at 05:21 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Quote Originally Posted by Renaissance_x View Post
    Alpha Romeo has used dual ignition engines in cars.. It's not just aircraft engines.
    Thanks rennie, I think this information will be extremely helpful for the OP with his jazz.

Thanks rennie, I think this information will be extremely helpful for the OP with his jazz.
    clearly you haven't seen the Alpha Romeo Jazz

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Quote Originally Posted by lolmclol View Post
    clearly you haven't seen the Alpha Romeo Jazz
    My aPOLOgies

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    L13A i-DSI has 2 spark plugs per cylinder

Actually any honda engine that has "i-DSI" in it's name is twinspark, two plugs per cyliner.

So if it's 8 plugs then the car's probably a 1.3 litre.
    Last edited by Fredoops; 02-11-2015 at 09:15 PM.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Mate as Fred you have the 1.3L.

GLi is the 1.3L easier way to tell is the red dot on the "jazz" badge on ur boot. If its red you have the 1.3L motor, blue dot is the 1.5L.

well seems your not the expert you think you are? It takes 8 spark plugs brains, 4 at the front and another 4 at the back of the motor, to be fair your not the first so called expert to say this but as I say if you don't actually know the answer of the question being asked, then don't say anything?

stick with your commodore champ because it's quite clear you know nothing about Honda Jazz, it does have 8 plugs mate, 4 at the front and another 4 at the back of the motor, your sort of help I don't need, but thanks for trying brains...