After market Gauge installation/wiring help

Hi guys I'm about to get some new after market gauge for my DC5R and I want to install the Gauges myself Just got a few questions I'm not too sure about

ground. what does ground mean and where do I connect that up too and do i need a adapter or anything ? I tried finding more info about it and there was something about I should connect it up to a alternator screw or something ?

also what extension wires can i use if the gauge wires are not long enough ?

I'll be getting a water temp and oil temp gauge.

and where would i connect the rest of the wires too

power supply and light dimming ect. can i just connect the wires into the fuse box ?

I know what to do with the water temp I'll be getting a adapter and connecting that through my radiator hose.
    but regarding the oil temp do i hook that into where the engine oil draining screw is? or where do I hook that into ? and do I need any adapters ?

these are the gauges ill be buying

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201075351410...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/371222787071...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

If You guys could list me down all the items I'll need to buy that would also be a lot of help thanks.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    if you dont know what ground means, or what sort of wires you need to get I wouldnt do it urself, or any electrical work.

But i will try to help you.

Wires you can match up and buy from Jaycar very cheap, just google for the closest one to u.

Ground means Earth, means safety, means a wire touching the chassis bare metal. Because your chassis would already be grounded.

I would be using the power supply from something that already turns off when the key is out like say the 12v outlet.

Engine oil draining is located on the oil under the engine on the oil pan, you just gota jackup the car to get access to it.

Btw did you know Torque Pro can feed you this information via your mobile fone and a Bluetooth adapter.

Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post
    if you dont know what ground means, or what sort of wires you need to get I wouldnt do it urself, or any electrical work.

But i will try to help you.

Wires you can match up and buy from Jaycar very cheap, just google for the closest one to u.

Ground means Earth, means safety, means a wire touching the chassis bare metal. Because your chassis would already be grounded.

I would be using the power supply from something that already turns off when the key is out like say the 12v outlet.

Engine oil draining is located on the oil under the engine on the oil pan, you just gota jackup the car to get access to it.

Btw did you know Torque Pro can feed you this information via your mobile fone and a Bluetooth adapter.
    Cheers for the help man appreciate it.