Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9

Looking at purchasing Civic FN2R

Hi guys,

I am in the market for an fn2r. I am in no rush and still in the early stages of researching.

I stumbled upon the following and judging by the redbook of value of these cars this listing seems relatively reasonable. A bit too reasonable from a dealer if you ask me.

http://www.ozzycarsales.com.au/penri...ack-2010-10931

Ill most likely have a stateroads comprehensive check done on the car i am set on purchasing but was wondering if you guys can shed some light if you have checked this car before or know of the history.

Also interested in the following one if anyone knows about that would help.

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/...SSE-AD-3346415

Regards.

J
    Last edited by jordiiisme; 16-11-2015 at 08:19 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    hey dude, i had recently gone from a CL9 to a FN2R swell.

I haven't seen these 2 cars u posted but heres my 2cents!

-U need to decide on a budget.
    -u will easily find a first gen FN2R for under $15k with around the 100xxxkms. i will always take a car with more kms if its got service history and log books.
    -if u get a second gen FN2R u will gain rear parking sensors, ant glare review mirror and LSD (i think thats it)
    -for the price diff i would rather add parking sensors/rear camera and my own aftermarket LSD to the first gen.
    -then there is overall body condition, i babied my previous DC5r but unfortunately, no one else did and i copped trolleys/keys/ car doors everywhere.

The car i settled on was well under my Budget, a first gen (I'm not fussed with LSD and i added a review parking camera with a double din stereo, had a decent body with minor wear and scuffs, had great log book/service history.

hope it helps
    HCCM#23

02 DC5 ITR

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    hey man, thanks for the response.

I agree and km's wont take priority over the overall condition of the car (service history, log books etc).
    Thanks for letting me know the differences between the 2nd vs 1st gen. I am not too fussed on those extras although it would be nice.
    I'll most likely want to add a headunit and reverse parking camera too. Is there any issues with doing that or is it pretty straight forward?
    I'm really digging the one on carsales, it looks really clean and looks all stock which is a plus but i will definitely have a mechanic check it out if i am close to committing purchase.
    On the other hand the red one is cheaper, newer and lower km's but im a bit skeptical.

Hopefully i can make the transition sometime soon but with cars we must be patient haha.

Thanks a lot

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Mine was well below my budget also. However it has been keyed and also a slight swipe on the passenger side rear fender. Easy things to fix, however I don't see the reason for fixing especially when people will only damage it anyway.

I could of gone for a different car 2k more expensive for mint paint, but this way I can just leave my car wherever and not worry
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut