Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Royal Purple Oil

Hey guys what are some thoughts on a royal purple oil? I plan to start using them on my car as I currently use Penrite. People tend to be using them. And if so which is the best one to use for a track and street use. Thanks

Might help if you start with what car, engine, mods, mileage, etc...

And RP, you'll see a lot of ppl saying its the best cause they don't know better, or the price tag indicates quality, etc... Others will say not worth it...
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    N/A
    What engine etc. do you have and any reason why you are wanting to change from using Penrite?

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Because Honda = race car
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

If not race car , OEM Honda or equivalent is perfectly fine.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Personally I'd prefer penrite, nulon or castrol but some people like to spend more..

Quote Originally Posted by Daveho1 View Post
    Personally I'd prefer penrite, nulon or castrol but some people like to spend more..
    For that famed E-Wang feelz...

I use ELF

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Fak, can't beat that. You sir, win.

Quote Originally Posted by Daveho1 View Post
    Fak, can't beat that. You sir, win.
    Its not as great as RP apparently...

If not RP my car might explode... Hence the justification for another 30-50 hit up =|

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    Doesn't really matter with intervals of 5k for a daily
    SSpamily

Well I hear that it cleans your engine. My car is a del sol with a b16a2 with around 178xxx km. Have some bolt ones such as headers exhaust and a varex muffler. Also running on some short intake. Is it any good? Or could I get better ones than RP

Quote Originally Posted by Slee View Post
    Well I hear that it cleans your engine. My car is a del sol with a b16a2 with around 178xxx km. Have some bolt ones such as headers exhaust and a varex muffler. Also running on some short intake. Is it any good? Or could I get better ones than RP
    Most reptutable brands do it, nothing new...

A lot of this Slee is branding, hype and perception.

As others have said, you're not actively racing so any tangible benefits of running premium oils [Fusion, HKS, etc] is minimal at best. Having said that, there are differences between brands, grades and etc but all dependent on your engine ie try it and see.