Thread: Audio upgrades

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Jazz 2007 VTI-s

Audio upgrades

Hello i have had my Jazz for a couple years now and have decided to upgrade the audio in the car (head unit and speakers)
    I have the 2007 Jazz VTI-s and have been looking into doing this for a while.

So far my research has led me to needing to buy the new face unit for the stereo (http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Doubl...858091994.html)
    I then need to purchase a head unit. But i am unsure on wiring and power requirements with stock car.

I also require to purchase speakers (have not decided which). I am going to stick to coaxial speakers for simplicity. I have found a guide how to remove door panel but it says for speakers of 6 1/4" I need an adapter for the front? I can't find this adapter for mounting they also say there is one for the actual speaker wiring?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Civic
    The fascia kit will work fine, you just need regular wooden or plastic speaker spacers and screw them into the steel in place of the original speakers, keep in mind you may need to trim the factory somewhat triangular hole in the door depending on the depth of the speakers you install, make sure the speaker terminals to not touch the steel behind them
    = First Production Company To Produce 100HP Per Litre NA

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    You can install any headunit you choose. Power will come directly from the battery.

As for the speakers fronts will need spacers. It is a tight fit, as said above ensure wiring is okay and that the window goes up and down with no contact.

Facisa can be bought from JDMyard for the OEM ones.

Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post
    You can install any headunit you choose. Power will come directly from the battery.

As for the speakers fronts will need spacers. It is a tight fit, as said above ensure wiring is okay and that the window goes up and down with no contact.

Facisa can be bought from JDMyard for the OEM ones.
    your wasting money.
    Here's what you do, if you can. This is what I did
    Double din facia 50 bucks ebay
    Honda to "brand" power cable 15 bucks ebay (I found a Sony converter) or cut the plug and solder each wire to the new plug if your good at electrical.
    Either diy the antenna cable, adapter at jaycar 3 bucks or 15 on ebay for the conversion cable
    New speakers, Cut the plug off speaker wire and compression clamp new clips to wire up the new speakers. To fit them I cut away the stock speaker and cut away the plastic and then just measure and cut the screws shorter then drilled the screws down to hold the speakers in then push the housing back in the door till you hear a click noise. Took 20mins. I can provide pics of how I used original speaker housing if you like.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz GD VTI-S
    Hey insanegenius
    Would you have a thread on how to do this cause it seems pretty simple
    Thanks