Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    EDIT it was me - I didn't read and thus my post didn't apply ( i assumed you had a standard ek1 !

The only relevance is the o2 sensor location - and the possibility that it was damaged / disconnected in the new install of your car/collector for the new exhaust.
    I suggest the o2 sensor is located directly after the collector , and may of been damaged or the wiring to it damaged when installed. Get it checked out by the shop

Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    EDIT it was me - I didn't read and thus my post didn't apply ( i assumed you had a standard ek1 !

The only relevance is the o2 sensor location - and the possibility that it was damaged / disconnected in the new install of your car/collector for the new exhaust.
    I suggest the o2 sensor is located directly after the collector , and may of been damaged or the wiring to it damaged when installed. Get it checked out by the shop
    Cheers man, a lot of o2 sensor consensus here really hope that's the issue cos I'm happy to fork out for it I guess.

I wish I could get the paper clip trick working maybe I'm not shoving it in hard enough inb4 that's what she said

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Civic
    It is highly unlikely that the o2 sensor is causing you these issues. It is possible that the exhaust shop has "tugged" on your o2 sensor wiring and possibly caused something else to come loose. You really need to get the error code, not sure why itsit's not working for you but please try again. With my experience on these engines a bad tps can cause these bogging issues or even an unplugged tps, do you know how to check the voltage at closed throttle, do a quick search on the specific wiring colours but you want the tps to be at 0.45-0.5v or as close to as possible. Please report back sir
    = First Production Company To Produce 100HP Per Litre NA

If not a paper clip , use audio wire , and roll the edges up into a form point. Make sure there is length to the wire so you can fold it around easily and firmly push the ends into either side.

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    make sure the paper clip ends are touching the metal inside the 2 pin connector.
    connorling, your profile and evidenced by your post tells me alot about what type of feral you are..... all class 'hay'!!!! ps. not your m8....

Alright, I might post a picture when I'm home to be sure I'm connecting it to the right connectors

Sorry I sound like such a dumb ass I really am I just love driving, can't speak for my mechanical knowledge though lol.

I will learn eventually though

Again really appreciate everyone's input. Can't wait for it to be running the way it should

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Civic
    2 pin male plug, usually blue I believe

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Civic
    Also make sure somebody didn't swap the map sensor plug with the tps plug

Alright I'm at home now. I wanna give this paper clip thing a go again. Is it ok to shove it as far as I want down the pin or can I damage something if I push it in too hard?

Just wanna know if I should be forcing it in or not

Again to reiterate this is the pin I'm trying to stick the paper clip in

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    You just put it in, the turn the car to ON

Hey guys thanks again for all the input, I tried the paper clip thing again still not able to get codes, I have a feeling I'm probably not pushing it in far enough but I don't feel like it goes any further and I don't wanna damage any pins.

Have no audio wire lying around either so unfortunately have nothing else to try.

I made an appointment, will take it in to a mechanic on saturday and hopefully he can diagnose and repair on the day.

Cheers again, have no 2nd car for a daily though unfortunately this is it so hoping it's nothing serious because I can't afford a new motor

Touch wood still going ok haha, am driving it as cautiously as possible.

Thankfully I only live about 10 minutes from work

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Shoelace express