Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EG Civic
    News? Did you check the tps and map sensor plugs around the correct way? Did you check the tps voltage?
    = First Production Company To Produce 100HP Per Litre NA

Quote Originally Posted by B18cEG View Post
    News? Did you check the tps and map sensor plugs around the correct way? Did you check the tps voltage?
    I would hope these two plugs weren't touched during an exhaust install , hopefully not by your friend during the intake install either.
    Another idea is , did you plug the IAT back into the intake arm ? Is there a hole for the IAT ? (intake air sensor on intake arm)

Hey guys!

Took it to the mechanic yesterday - he was also unable to get the codes from the ECU we had no idea what was happening, we stuck a paper clip down the connector again and it still gave us no codes.

He had a look under the hood himself, one the knock sensor had been "chopped" (it was still there but not connected) so he explained to me because the ecu is factory basically it needs to be there (he did tell me the sensor was "obsolete" or not 100% needed - not sure the truth to that extent but anyway).

He installed my hondata s300 and "removed" the knock sensor from the programming, drove it around 400% better, I can get into vtec now - no bogging, no hesitating etc, really happy. Also no engine light.

I think we're back to normal now

Cheers again for everyone's help

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Right... So who ever did the engine swap just did a shit job.. Either way glad u got your car sorted.
    The hondata is a good upgrade but it's abit concerning that you can't seem to pull codes...

Quote Originally Posted by Daveho1 View Post
    Right... So who ever did the engine swap just did a shit job.. Either way glad u got your car sorted.
    The hondata is a good upgrade but it's abit concerning that you can't seem to pull codes...
    I bought the engine as a package - guy I bought it off was in a different state and had someone who could do it here so that's where it went and that's where it was done.

Yeah unfortunately there have been bumps here and there with how the end result was complete and slowly finding more and more that wasn't done properly but yeah I can only hope for the best now.

At the end of the day I look at it as an engine going into a car it was never meant to be in so problems are standard, these ones just seem a little careless but nonetheless as long as my car is healthy I'm happy.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Yeah situations like that can be hard, I bought an engine from BYP a few years ago and I can't say that was a pleasant experience in the slightest.

Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    I would hope these two plugs weren't touched during an exhaust install , hopefully not by your friend during the intake install either.
    Another idea is , did you plug the IAT back into the intake arm ? Is there a hole for the IAT ? (intake air sensor on intake arm)
    The IAT (the air flow sensor that plugs into the tubing on the cold air?) isn't plugged in - when I bought the cold air the rubber boot seal broke when it was taken out of the previous car. At the moment it's just sealed up so there's no air leak and the one on the intake manifold is plugged in (my understanding was that you don't have to have an air flow sensor but may be a little less economical.) I'm trying to find another boot so that I can plug in another air flow sensor, haven't been having much luck but I'll try the manufacturer of the cold air or maybe see if I'll get lucky at a wrecker.

Yeah situations like that can be hard, I bought an engine from BYP a few years ago and I can't say that was a pleasant experience in the slightest.
    Oh shit go dude, I've heard good things about byp but I have heard the mixed reviews also. I've been a couple times and have had a pleasant experience both times.

ekR - is the IAT plugged into the sensor but hanging loose , or it isn't plugged into anything full stop ? It needs to see intake air just before the throttle body , not hot ambient air in the engine bay. Get that fixed and hopefully it will help

FYI BYP aren't legally mechanics , they are backyard DIY guys with abit of driving experience. Unfortunately due to reviews and bad experiences their work is hardly tip top.
    Last edited by bennjamin; 13-12-2015 at 01:09 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Well I got a b18c2 and box from them, swore it was in good working order, Basicly the engine was in aweful shape and Te gearbox simply wouldn't engage third gear. Pretty poor, wouldn't recommend them to anyone

Well I got a b18c2 and box from them, swore it was in good working order, Basicly the engine was in aweful shape and Te gearbox simply wouldn't engage third gear. Pretty poor, wouldn't recommend them to anyone
    I hope you got a full refund. Or took them to fair trading , or took it to your own ways to get a refund.

Hope this explains what I'm talking about and is what you're talking about

That sensor from the ek4 loom was plugged into the cold air tube, but it kept falling out (since it's not secured by the rubber boot thing) so I just sealed it with some electrical tape until I find a new boot so I can plug the sensor in.

Note where the sticky tape is, where the air flow sensor would normally plug in - I haven't unplugged the one going to the head (clarification)

P.S - any recommendations for good mechanics in new south wales? Really hard to find someone reliable these days most will rip you off and not do the job anyway

That's a really shit go dude - before I got into the car scene I didn't understand the love people have for their cars, but now that I am and have started spending money on mine I understand the expression "pride and joy" and I hate knowing and experiencing people out there who call themselves professionals and will still dick you around. Especially those who take advantage of people who don't know as much
    Last edited by ekR; 13-12-2015 at 02:54 PM.

The pipe from the intake tube needs to flow to the head , as per standard. It can be loose as shown but needs to be fixed. The IAT needs to be plugged in , and installed properly to the intake tube. Get a grommet and fix it
    AFAIK the IAT can retard timing and fuel a touch if required - ECUMAN will know. Fix up whatever you can and see how it goes