Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My car tuning

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra 98

My car tuning

Hi All,

I have just bought an Integra, last owner was kind of motor enthusiast and has changed so many things from stock to custom tuned.

Now after driving the car for two days, I am feeling ride is not comfortable I mean I thought suspensions are stiff.

So I went to a Suspension/Wheel shop after checking the car he told me that your car is tuned for high speed cornering with this set of figures
    Camber front negative 3 with slight toe
    Camber rear 1.5 or 2 without toe
    Adjustable suspensions are set to lowered the vehicle and probably configured for a little harder damping.
    Yokohama tyres 195/50R15 advan AD050 with advan racing wheels

Now, let me describe a little about my driving preference, I mostly drive smooth like a family man but occasionally I try to accelerate off the line or sometimes try to speed up on freeways just to enjoy acceleration. I dont drive like a racer or neither need a high speed turns.

Other concern is economy, means I am not a rich person so that I cannot easily afford every now and then wheel alignments($120) and replacing tires after every 20-30K. All I want is a economical yet fun car with maximum possible straight line acceleration, I think personally with this type of configuration eventually after 5 or 10k(in a year I usually drive around 15-20K my work place is 10mins drive but I often travel interstate like 750Kms one side) I would need to either replace the tires or atleast align the wheels two times a year, What I was advised by bridgestone engineer" unless you drive interstate this setup will not give you extra and unusual wear on tires"

Now with my driving style and focus about economy what you guys think should I do, stay and live with this camber and toe and just change suspension setting by adjusting ride height (probably a little high) and change the damper setting to little soft as I feel a bit hard or uncomfortable after driving for more than one hour OR restore the camber and toe back to stock i.e. zero or anything close to zero with then try to change suspensions setting because I was told by an engineer that these suspensions are tuned to suit camber etc to provide optimal handling in corners. All I need is best off the line and straight line acceleration with not out of par but reasonable corners with normal speed and normal tyre wear, Is this possible with same camber and toe but with changed suspension configuration(I must have to do it for relaxed driving i.e. suspension thing) or else I have to reconfigure and retune both?

Thanks in advance
    Just JDM

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    Pm username lolmclol

/endthread
    SSpamily

Can you tell us exactly what your suspension setup is?

More info, photos, etc...

*Getting tired of asking for more specifics*
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra 98
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadAngel View Post
    Can you tell us exactly what your suspension setup is?

More info, photos, etc...

*Getting tired of asking for more specifics*
    I have BC coilovers installed with camber kit with front, rear swaybars
    Just JDM

Quote Originally Posted by eridzone View Post
    I have BC coilovers installed with camber kit with front, rear swaybars
    That's a start, which BC coilovers and what settings are they currently on?
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    Op why not just part it out and buy some stock sussy and some mediocre sporty tyre with ok tread wear (re003 comes to mind)

Maybe even put in some itr sussy (assuming you have a vtir)
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Why buy such a car
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Perhaps change from bc coilovers to something like kw or tein super street.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra 98
    please, to all guys, as i have already mentioned I want to keep it economical that means changing the tires or selling them and again buying is like another big time taking job, I would love to keep all the stuff installed in the car just want to mold them to my taste.

I bought this car because of clean and unmolested condition, yes it is vti-r. because tires are still road legal and not much worn out so thats why I am wishing to stay with current components and only re-configure them to last longer as much as possible

Any idea after how long with this setup I might need to change the tires?
    Just JDM

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra 98
    what about toe does it affect tyre aging as well?

Any idea with 50-60% tread how long I can go without changing camber and toe? and after raising the ride height and adjusting the front camber to negative 1 with zero toe what difference I would feel in terms of handling?
    Just JDM

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    toe ruins tyres
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post