[CL9 ]Spare keys in Melbourne

Hey all,

Looking to get a spare key for my CL9. I'm looking at going down the path of getting a blank key i.e (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Honda-Acc...UAAOSwo0JWG2Kw) and having it programmed by an Auto locksmith.

What is everyone else experience with this or getting a new spare key in general? Can anyone recommend any places?

Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Hi there,
    I am wondering how you went.
    There are some you tube videos that tell us how to reprogram the key obtained from eBay. Please search "acura tsx key replacement".

Hey Martin, Sorry havent had a chance. I've been pre occupied since chrissy so haven't got around to it yet...Might revist it in another month or so. its not the highest priority atm if you catch my drift.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Where about in Melbs? I've got the Honda factory scanner tool, so if you get a generic key cut i might be able to code it in for you.
    Last edited by Fredoops; 12-01-2016 at 10:20 PM.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    There is a you tube video called how to set up a new key remote to your car.
    Basically he repeatedly (7x) turn on (to position2) the ignition (with a working key) and press lock (with eBay key) and turn off the ignition. After seven or so repeat his car door locked with the new key.

Member Array
    Car:
    '96 Prelude VTi-R ATTS
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin77 View Post
    There is a you tube video called how to set up a new key remote to your car.
    Basically he repeatedly (7x) turn on (to position2) the ignition (with a working key) and press lock (with eBay key) and turn off the ignition. After seven or so repeat his car door locked with the new key.
    That's just the remote though. 3 parts to the key, the remote, so you can lock/unlock the car and open the boot, the key so it fits in the ignition barrel and turns and the immobiliser, so that the car actually starts. Pretty much any locksmith can handle cutting it, as you said you can handle the remote yourself, that just leaves the immobiliser, which is what Fredoops is talking about. Worst case $60-$70 at the dealer.

Hey Freddy im located in the South East. Where abouts are you? I might come to you if the price is right or if you're close. In that order too.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by safetycar View Post
    That's just the remote though. 3 parts to the key, the remote, so you can lock/unlock the car and open the boot, the key so it fits in the ignition barrel and turns and the immobiliser, so that the car actually starts. Pretty much any locksmith can handle cutting it, as you said you can handle the remote yourself, that just leaves the immobiliser, which is what Fredoops is talking about. Worst case $60-$70 at the dealer.
    Thanks safetycar.
    I now know what to do if I need an additional key.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    I'm out at North side
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Hello,

I'm in Melbourne and got a used Honda Civic

I've got the black key and a remote control. I have been trying to understand what I might need to do in order to get 1) a new key and 2) a new remote unit.

I got quotes for $125-$150 for a key, then called the dealer who said they couldn't do it without the red key (which I don't have)

The locksmiths also were quoting $250 for the remote. Now I heard from the forums that getting a new remote and programming it are easy enough. Is there anything I'm missing here? Can the keys be cut and programmed off the black key and is that a reasonable price for a new key?

and would it be feasible to get a remote off the internet and program it myself?

Member Array
    Car:
    '96 Prelude VTi-R ATTS
    Quote Originally Posted by civic times View Post
    Can the keys be cut and programmed off the black key and is that a reasonable price for a new key?
    Sounds like your key uses the kind of immobiliser chip that can be cloned. Basically they take a new blank key (black steel key part and blank chip), cut the key to match the old one and copy the immobiliser code over. Exactly the same as the original key, so no issue starting a car. For the remote, search and see if there is a procedure to program it or not.

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    Quote Originally Posted by civic times View Post
    Hello,

I'm in Melbourne and got a used Honda Civic

I've got the black key and a remote control. I have been trying to understand what I might need to do in order to get 1) a new key and 2) a new remote unit.

I got quotes for $125-$150 for a key, then called the dealer who said they couldn't do it without the red key (which I don't have)

The locksmiths also were quoting $250 for the remote. Now I heard from the forums that getting a new remote and programming it are easy enough. Is there anything I'm missing here? Can the keys be cut and programmed off the black key and is that a reasonable price for a new key?

and would it be feasible to get a remote off the internet and program it myself?

I can program the red key systems without the red key, if you need help PM me.