Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra 98

Integra Suspension and Camber issue

Hi All,

I have just bought an Integra, last owner was kind of motor enthusiast and has changed so many things from stock to custom tuned.

Now after driving the car for two days, I am feeling ride is not comfortable I mean I thought suspensions are stiff.

So I went to a Suspension/Wheel shop after checking the car he told me that your car is tuned for high speed cornering with this set of figures
    Camber front negative 3 with slight toe
    Camber rear 1.5 or 2 without toe
    Adjustable suspensions are set to lowered the vehicle and probably configured for a little harder damping.
    Yokohama tyres 195/50R15 advan AD050 with advan racing wheels

Now, let me describe a little about my driving preference, I mostly drive smooth like a family man but occasionally I try to accelerate off the line or sometimes try to speed up on freeways just to enjoy acceleration. I dont drive like a racer or neither need a high speed turns.

Other concern is economy, means I am not a rich person so that I cannot easily afford every now and then wheel alignments($120) and replacing tires after every 20-30K. All I want is a economical yet fun car with maximum possible straight line acceleration, I think personally with this type of configuration eventually after 5 or 10k(in a year I usually drive around 15-20K my work place is 10mins drive but I often travel interstate like 750Kms one side) I would need to either replace the tires or atleast align the wheels two times a year, What I was advised by bridgestone engineer" unless you drive interstate this setup will not give you extra and unusual wear on tires"

Now with my driving style and focus about economy what you guys think should I do, stay and live with this camber and toe and just change suspension setting by adjusting ride height (probably a little high) and change the damper setting to little soft as I feel a bit hard or uncomfortable after driving for more than one hour OR restore the camber and toe back to stock i.e. zero or anything close to zero with then try to change suspensions setting because I was told by an engineer that these suspensions are tuned to suit camber etc to provide optimal handling in corners. All I need is best off the line and straight line acceleration with not out of par but reasonable corners with normal speed and normal tyre wear, Is this possible with same camber and toe but with changed suspension configuration(I must have to do it for relaxed driving i.e. suspension thing) or else I have to reconfigure and retune both?

Thanks in advance
    Just JDM

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    its a killing set up your previous owner did.
    I think u meant A050 tyres? they are one of the best street tyres u can get, but due to the soft compound, it wont last long on the street.
    I think u could sell the tyres if they are still new-ish, if not, only change when it runs out, RE003 and AD08 are good tyres for street.

change the cambers back down by 2 deg, otherwise it would chew up ur inner tyres like no tomorrow. its good set up for high speed cornering, but not on the street

raise a bit and soften the dampers which you can do it yourself, save some money.

what integra have you got? vtir or GSi?
    not much you can do to help acceleration as our car is limited until you open up the engine for cams etc or playing gear ratio as well, both are expensive.
    connorling, your profile and evidenced by your post tells me alot about what type of feral you are..... all class 'hay'!!!! ps. not your m8....

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra 98
    Quote Originally Posted by connorling View Post
    its a killing set up your previous owner did.
    I think u meant A050 tyres? they are one of the best street tyres u can get, but due to the soft compound, it wont last long on the street.
    I think u could sell the tyres if they are still new-ish, if not, only change when it runs out, RE003 and AD08 are good tyres for street.

change the cambers back down by 2 deg, otherwise it would chew up ur inner tyres like no tomorrow. its good set up for high speed cornering, but not on the street

raise a bit and soften the dampers which you can do it yourself, save some money.

what integra have you got? vtir or GSi?
    not much you can do to help acceleration as our car is limited until you open up the engine for cams etc or playing gear ratio as well, both are expensive.
    Thanks for feedback,

My tires are at the moment road legal but I dont think they are re-sellable, I have vtir, which camber you are referring to? front and rear or only front, I dont have tools so i cant adjust the suspensions myself, what about toe does it affect tyre aging as well?

Any idea with 50-60% tread how long I can go without changing camber and toe? and after raising the ride height and adjusting the front camber to negative 1 with zero toe what difference I would feel in terms of handling?
    Just JDM

A050 is not a street tyre. It is a race tyre. There is a good market for used 050's depending on size. If they really are 40% worn then plenty of racers will pay decent money for them (maybe $400-600 for the set)
    Sounds like you have a good track setup. Honestly if you're only after straight line acceleration and comfort sell the car and buy a v8 falcadore. Will be much better suited to your needs. Sell the honda to someone who will use it as intended. If you start changing settings you'll destroy the balance and end up with an ill handling piece of crap.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra 98
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondarally View Post
    A050 is not a street tyre. It is a race tyre. There is a good market for used 050's depending on size. If they really are 40% worn then plenty of racers will pay decent money for them (maybe $400-600 for the set)
    Sounds like you have a good track setup. Honestly if you're only after straight line acceleration and comfort sell the car and buy a v8 falcadore. Will be much better suited to your needs. Sell the honda to someone who will use it as intended. If you start changing settings you'll destroy the balance and end up with an ill handling piece of crap.
    I know about but this will be an additional job for me to sell those tires then buy another set then alignment and etc, So please suggest me some reasonable idea rather than selling this and that.

I know what I have bought and there is a reason behind but at this time I only need what I have asked, I have had honda's before and I know how to drive them but priorities change with time so now I need a daily plus some element of fun which is not possible in driving a falcon or commodore.
    Just JDM

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    get a set of C spanners for the coilovers, raise it urself.

soften the damper is as easy as turning the knob on the coilovers.

then go and get a wheel alignment for $50

drive til the tyres gone then change it to street tyres.
    like I said

wheel alignment guy will fix toe for you.
    connorling, your profile and evidenced by your post tells me alot about what type of feral you are..... all class 'hay'!!!! ps. not your m8....

Quote Originally Posted by eridzone View Post
    I know about but this will be an additional job for me to sell those tires then buy another set then alignment and etc, So please suggest me some reasonable idea rather than selling this and that.

I know what I have bought and there is a reason behind but at this time I only need what I have asked, I have had honda's before and I know how to drive them but priorities change with time so now I need a daily plus some element of fun which is not possible in driving a falcon or commodore.
    What we're all saying isn't registering that's why we're repeating ourselves. We are suggesting reasonable ideas, you're not listening.

According to your requirements, a few small adjustments aren't going to change all that much and may not suffice your standards. Check your other threads too, everyone has given decent answers [minus a few of the spammers]. Read them properly then answer instead of no I don't feel like it cause its a hassle or somehow unreasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by connorling View Post
    get a set of C spanners for the coilovers, raise it urself.

soften the damper is as easy as turning the knob on the coilovers.

then go and get a wheel alignment for $50

drive til the tyres gone then change it to street tyres.
    like I said

wheel alignment guy will fix toe for you.

What he said...
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra 98
    thanks all the guys
    Just JDM

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Mate just take your car to a reputable wheel alignment shop.

Tell them what your looking for, how you wanted it adjusted.

From memory its $20/corner for coilover adjustment. $99 for rotation, re balanced and wheel alignment.

Make it clear your looking for full adjustment camber and toe. I would say 2 deg is massive camber for a car that will never see the track.

Get neutral not too sure about AD050's but im currently running AD08R's they are running out pretty fast.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    They will even give u a report of before and after.

I recommend JAX Tyres.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    If recommend against Jax, they are a franchise so the quality of staff varies greatly.
    It sounds counter intuitive but I'd take it to a place that dose work on track cars etc, my reasoning is that when u explain what you want they will do just that, I have seen countless times where a customer takes their car to the local shop just to have minimal adjustments made then the print out fudged, a store that dose work for cars in motorsports know the importance of correct alignment. That's not to say you couldn't find a good guy at Jax but when shooting in the dark this would be a safer bet

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Yea do u think he knows any shop like that. Keep it simple for him lol.

I reccomended Jax cos dats teh only franchise i know that will have the c spanner for him.

More edit: Pedders as well. 100% ripp off here.
    Last edited by amant02; 19-12-2015 at 05:53 AM.