Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord V6

Dash Cam Installation

Hi Guys,

I have a 07 Accord V6 L and I'm installing a dash cam with hardwire kit.

I've got two questions:

1. is it safe to remove the A pillar trim to run the wires to the fuse box, it has SRS airbag stamped in the trim, I don't want an air bag going off in my face!
    2. how do you get to the back of the fuse box to install a new circuit, I can't see how to get the trim from around the fuse box off without breaking it. I've tried some reasonably forceable prying with a trim removal tool but no good.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Yeah removing the A pillar trim is no worries. If you are genuinely concerned, disconnect the battery first. Last thing you want is to have to clean up seats after you sh1t yourself when the airbag goes off

You don't necessarily need to draw power from a fresh circuit, you'll need to tap a circuit that energises as per your needs such as behiind the ciggy socket.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord V6
    Curtis265,

Thanks for the advice on the A pillar trim and the tapping ciggy socket. I'd still like to go to the fuse box, I just like the idea of it having it's own circuit and in it's probably easier than routing everything to the center stack.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    There's always this bugger then

You'll still need to find an unused, live (on aux) fuse to draw power from.

Have a little pokearound with a multimeter
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fuse2.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	85.3 KB 
ID:	29092  
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord V6
    curtis265,

Thanks. In the end I did get the main cover away from the fuse box but couldn't easily get to the top bolt of the fuse panel so decided to use an add a circuit just like you've shown. It was still worthwhile removing the main cover as I wanted to get close to the fuse box so I could find a solid earth point and install the hardwire voltage cutout module securely if I ever want to switch to continuous parking mode.

I found the details to remove the main cover on the US Honda workshop manual subscription service https://estore.honda.com/service-express/login.asp?
    It cost me $10US for 24 hours of access and I downloaded lots of useful stuff.

The main cover removal was straight forward, but having the diagram to show just where to apply pressure gave me the confidence that I wasn't about to rip something apart by applying too much pressure!

Also I didn't need to remove the A pillar trim, both the power cable and the GPS cable pushed in under the trim without too much trouble.

The Dashcam, a Street Guardian SG9665GC, is now up and working great, excellent picture quality and accurate GPS tracking.