Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: B18C7 into GSi

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro Luxury

B18C7 into GSi

Just about to start an engine swap from a Type R DC2 into my GSi.

I was wondering if the drive shafts are interchangeable?

Mines a 1996 manual and it's a 1999 with ABS. My shafts were not long ago replaced so if I could use them it would be good.

On the conversion itself, the car was my fathers who passed away 6 months ago and asked me to keep it for a while to see if I liked it. It's a good little unit.

RIP to dear old dad , he left a cool little car.

Yes , the driveshafts will work with your chosen gearbox and brake setup.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro Luxury
    Thanks, yep dad loved his '90's two door Hondas.

I purchased the motor/gearbox/LSD ECU combo.

I might have a few questions down the track regarding the electrical side of things.

People keep mentioning the loom in past threads I have searched. Are they referring to the loom which runs into the vehicle cabin or just the loom attached to the motor?

I have all the wiring attached to the motor running up to the engine bay fuse box plus the B18C7 alternator.

Sounds like you've got it under control. Did you get an ECU with it? The cabin wiring should be able to be left alone. Except ECU of course..

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro Luxury
    Hi, yep I did get the ECU with the motor. Thanks for that. I was a bit concerned about the electrical side of things. Hopefully it should all come together pretty nicely then.

Looking forward to getting it up and running.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro Luxury
    Hi guys, well after 4 months I have finally got the remainder of this weekend to make a start on this swap.

This is my first front wheel drive swap, only old Falcons and a mates HQ prior to this.

The Type R motor is complete on an engine hoist. The shop which removed it took it out from under the car. After enquiring to local mechanics they want around $1500 plus to remove my B18 and put the C7 in. Not really an option hence why I have decided to do it myself. That means via the top.

If I could bail you fellas up for questions. I have to separate the motor and box to get old out and new in?

Any chance I can unbolt air cond compressor and power steering pump from my B18 and leave them in the engine bay intact?

Cheers.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    SiR EF8 CR-X
    cant speak from experience with integras but generally you should be able to pull the motor and box out from the top as one unit, it will require a bit of tilting and twisting while hanging from an engine crane but it's doable. alternatively jack up the car and drop the gearbox out the bottom, then drop it back down and lift the motor out the top with a bit more room for movement.

Don't need to separate. Just download a workshop book, will tell you how or there are a billion YouTube vids and threads on it.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Yep, personally I think it's easier to drop the body onto the engine and box myself
    Mate my bbk cost more than your Honda.
    -Amant02

Easy if you have access to a lift

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro Luxury
    Yeah I wish I had access to one but anyway I've made small inroads. It looks real tight to pull the combo from the top especially seeing I would like to keep the aircond intact and power steering too. The power steering pump has a small leak so maybe a good time for a reco on the pump.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro Luxury
    Are there any markings on the gearbox to indicate a genuine Type R box?