Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra 98

Need recommendations for tyre

Hi Guys,

I am thinking to get set of new tires for my car for this size 195/50/R15 anyone can recommend me a good brand and model, I need the following from tires.

- Should last long atleast 40-50K Kms
    - Should must be quiet even after light worn-out(in my current yokohama AD050 they are quite worn and making very annoying noise on roads and specially it becomes a pain on long trips on free ways)
    - I do a lot of free way trips plus often drive on hilly areas in all weathers(wet or dry), So need something fairly good if not excellent in terms of handling.
    - I never see the track or try to race on streets.
    - My budget is under 120-130 fitted.

I know yokohama's are amazing tires but I would not like to buy them because first they are expensive, dont last long and start making horrible noise after some time.

Thanks in advance
    Just JDM

Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Ku36 not bad
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    For all the things his asking for and only wanted to spend under $130 per cnr is hard.

I suggest Continentals wen they are on sale.

Quote Originally Posted by RenzokukenJ View Post
    Ku36 not bad
    Can you get KU36 for that price though?

I thought KU31 would be that price range...
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Idunno about KU36's aye, they are pricey for Kuhmo.

Also in the price range of other better tires.

I shouldn't judge, my view of Kuhmo comes from it being introduced as one of the worst brands you could buy. Basically the Tyre you get wen ur broke.

have only driven on KH17's in a swift, they do well in the dry not so well in the wet.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra 98
    thankyou guys for input, I asked the same from k-mart tyres they said bridgestone is best bet you can have all these requirements and value for money aswell.

So, today I have ordered a set of Bridgstone Potenza Adrenalin RE003 for 130 a corner fitted, hoping they will work fine.
    Just JDM

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Ooo they will be nice. Good price. I got quoted 300 a corner for those in 225/45/18, so got ku36 instead for 180. Was thinking of going nitto nt05 but probably wouldn't get them hot enough to even use haha
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    reoo3 is a nice tyre
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    He complains about road noise and goes and buys RE003.

Good luck mate. I have a set currently on my Jazz, they are noisy as expected from a performance Tyre.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra 98
    Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post
    He complains about road noise and goes and buys RE003.

Good luck mate. I have a set currently on my Jazz, they are noisy as expected from a performance Tyre.
    Are you sure mate? I have had RE002 on my EG sedan before and I found them pretty quite as compare to yokohama and I think they deliver impressive handling. I know RE001 apart from their firm grip on road they were quite noisy, But as I remember the noise issue was eliminated in RE002 and after both generation I think RE003 would possibly be best of both.
    Last edited by eridzone; 04-01-2016 at 09:28 PM.
    Just JDM

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    what RE002 were quiet noisy if you ask me, specially when the road gets abit choppy. I have been thru a few sets from RE001 to 003's. Its the tyre I always budget for minimum.

The way you have been wanting to de mod your suspension and tyres bra I thinking your were after the ride of a Bentley or sumthing.

I also hope u kept ur yoko's they are worth a fair penny on gumtree or even on here.