Hi ppl,

First post here - being close to my midlife crisis, I decided to pick up an EG civic project on a whim ... no stranger to tinkering around with cars (AE86, NA6 MX5, EP82 etc). With the amount of money I owe to the bank plus info on the net, I try to do most work on my cars to save money.

Long story short, the EG civic breeze had a B16a2 conversion done. I admit whoever did the conversion was a real cable tie tech - I've never seen cable ties used to plug the cam cover hole or splice the tach wire signal:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	splice0001 (1 of 1).jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	238.8 KB 
ID:	29100Click image for larger version. 

Name:	splice0002 (1 of 1).jpg 
Views:	229 
Size:	228.3 KB 
ID:	29101

In any case, I replaced the O2 sensor earlier tonight and whilst under the car, noticed this metal rod protruding out near the crank shaft. I'm pretty sure I've heard somewhere that on certain models like DC2 Integras they had an engine mount here - refer the circled orange bit:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Missing.jpg 
Views:	264 
Size:	146.8 KB 
ID:	29099

Welcome anyone's thoughts - the previous owner drove without it so I'm thinking it's no biggie but if I do need one, then I'll have to scour Ebay then for the part.

Long way to go yet - with any project car you basically inherit the handiwork of the previous owner.

I am sure I will be asking a lot more queries here as I work my way through each issue getting the car closer to being registered again.

Cheers.