Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1996 EJ8 Civic

JDM Spec ITR B18C Legit?

Up until a while ago I was actually convinced that my car had a B18C2 from a VTIR Integra, but I have looked at some info, and rechecked the "supposed" parts that the car came with when I bought it, and it points to the conclusion that it actually has a 1996 ITR B18C imported a few years back.

I cross checked the specs and characteristics of each engine, and what strikes me as JDM B18C over AUDM B18C2 is two things:

1: When VTEC engages. According to Wikipedia, heaven forbid I believe everything on there, states that VTEC engages at 6000 and 5700 rpm in the B18C2 and JDM ITR B18C respectively for a 1996 engine. I have tested it a few times, and as I approach 6000 rpm, VTEC will always engage a few thousand rpm beforehand, meaning that it is most likely the JDM engine, but I really dont know if I can trust my tacho, because of its eraticness from time to time, but it is consistently engaging before 6000 rpm 100% of the time.

2: When the fuel cut kicks in. In this case the fuel cut is at 8000 and 8700 rpm in the B18C2 and JDM B18C, and I know for a fact that that engine goes well past 8000, but I have never actually hit the limiter yet, and even if I did; my tacho can be a bit jumpy past 6000, but even so, it goes past 8000. I once made a point of trying to rev it out past where I needed to upshift and beyond, but even then it didnt bounce, so I really dont know when the limiter engages.

The whole point of this is that I want to see if there is perhaps another more solid way of telling JDM import from AUDM engine. Is there any way to completely know?

Any wisdom on the subject is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    8700rpm limiter will appear as roughly 9000-9100 on your tacho. though this issn't the most accurate way of determining what engine you have lol. Does it have a standard ecu?

Just check the engine number..
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Why not just half throttle and slowly build revs to see
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO LUX
    post a picture of engine and engine no

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    start off with this.
    does your block says "B18C" or "B18C2" or "B18C7"

if it just has B18C on it, its JDM.

look at the intake manifold, if you have dual runner then its a vtir, if it has single runner, then its a type R

b18c vtir intake manifold:

type R intake manifold:
    connorling, your profile and evidenced by your post tells me alot about what type of feral you are..... all class 'hay'!!!! ps. not your m8....

Member Array
    Car:
    '93 EG Si
    Adding on,

- I guess you haven't ridden in a normal B18 before? Type R's engine sound a-lot more aggressive. To Youtube man!
    - Check the stamp on the head. If it says 'PR3' it's JDM B18CR.
    - JDM's doesn't have a VTEC pressure switch where the distributor is.
    - Type R engines (and possibly some b16a s and JDM B18C, but can't verify) has an oil cooler/heater behind the engine where the oil filter sits.
    Currently officially unofficially Ozhonda's vinyl sticker distributor:
    1 Small 150 x 29mm: $6 posted
    1 Large 250 x 43mm: $8 posted

IG: thenameis3k9

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by 3K9 View Post
    - Type R engines (and possibly some b16a s and JDM B18C, but can't verify) has an oil cooler/heater behind the engine where the oil filter sits.
    All B18C's have this whether it's type R or VTIR

OP just look at the engine number on the block ffs, you don't need to find the rev limit to determine what engine you have
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    Quote Originally Posted by Super-DA9 View Post
    All B18C's have this whether it's type R or VTIR

OP just look at the engine number on the block ffs, you don't need to find the rev limit to determine what engine you have
    yh best advice

don't make something thats so easy so complicated lol
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by u mad? View Post
    yh best advice

don't make something thats so easy so complicated lol
    If I cut a hole in the floor below my accelerator pedal so I can push it in further, how much power will I gain?
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Let's just say, over 9000

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    But srs ibet it's a C2 aye

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    its the vtir JDM B18c, not a 96 spec as you hoped.

soz if ur dreams are shattered.
    OEM parts whore