Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: S2000 hello

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000

S2000 hello

Hi all,

I am new(ish) to the forum with a recently(ish) bought s2k in Adelaide

The s2k was a lucky emergency buy following a little incident with my previous car and some police who didn't like what had been done to it

I thought this might be a good place to document my attempts to restore the car to a decent state following some prior neglect, so I decided to introduce myself at last. I don't imagine it will be exciting but it might keep me on track!

So hi to everyone! And if the owner of the red s2k that sometimes parks outside the western hospital is here, hi to you - I'm the silverstone who parks down the street.

S2000 purchased as:
    2000 AP1 Silverstone
    Stock (except gear knob)
    Worn throughout with last service record from 2013 & needing an oil top up to do the test drive - ?sat in the shed for quite a while
    Worn rebound on rear shocks (unstable in corners)
    Worn clutch with buzz (replacement required)
    Brake discs down to minimum
    Rear window badly stained/marked
    Top ok (no leaks!)
    Body ok (straight and tidy!)

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    So if I managed to get this right…

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20151123_203258_resized.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	129.1 KB 
ID:	29167Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150621_080949_resized.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	107.3 KB 
ID:	29168

Name:	20160103_112348_resized.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	105.8 KB 
ID:	29169
    rear window after I plastic polished it to within an inch of it's life - hard to see how bad it is due to my rear window sunshade

Name:	20160109_161005_resized.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	87.0 KB 
ID:	29170
    an indication of how good the maintenance quality was (filter manufacture no 000623 with housing number 000627 - possibly never replaced?)

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    keep up the good work.

hope u got this car cheap
    connorling, your profile and evidenced by your post tells me alot about what type of feral you are..... all class 'hay'!!!! ps. not your m8....

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Pretty cheap

The same price as one that felt it had been taken apart and put back together again with glue… plus everything is fixable so I don't mind too much!

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000

Happy christmas S2000

So for Christmas it got…

New Extreme clutch (oh my goodness… what an amazing difference - I nearly stalled it it was such a big change! So light!)
    New Clutch master and slave
    Gearbox oil replace
    Diff oil replace
    Shinetsu to all seals
    Coolant temp sensor
    Aircon/cabin filter (at $76 I'll be making my own from now on!)
    Set of Morell tempo coax (good riddance to ugly old splitters)

Name:	20160103_135731_resized.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	104.2 KB 
ID:	29171Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160103_181240_resized.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	132.8 KB 
ID:	29172

And for the icing on the cake…

Name:	20160125_172206_resized.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	102.7 KB 
ID:	29173

Titanium OEM replacement for the horrible carbon fibre number feels so much better!!!

So now the goal is to do everything that should be done at the 80,000/120,000 service before I get to the fun stuff...

New plugs in (running really smoothly now)
    Air filter cleaned and re-oiled
    Bought a fuel filter ($69 + bracket $22 + retainer $3) but still to install
    Awaiting delivery of brake rotors DBA4000 (got em for cheap or I wouldn't have worried about fancy)
    Debating brake pads… (quoted $335 for OEM front and rear from honda, trying to check out Akebono, not sure about bendix, repco 'brand' are about $70 per end but I have no idea who makes them!)
    Debating shocks... (want original ride feel but OEM is averaged at around $600 per corner, Koni is softer, Bilstein coil overs $1500 + postage but haven't found compression/rebound rates yet, haven't translated spoon fixed showa to imperial to compare rates yet) Any suggestions for accessible stock analogues in Australia? Or places to buy OEM where I don't have to sell my organs on the black-market for funds?

Hoping to replace some of the carpet/trim that was ruined by the previous owner & get a small shopping trolley dent removed when possible.

Keen to buy a trimmings clip kit to ensure everything is attached as it should be instead of broken/missing plastic clips - perhaps for internet shopping tonight!

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    Op don't buy oem pads, what a rip, since you have gone with a nice rotor like the dba4000, maybe get a slightly uprated pad to go with them like Acre super fighter, or if you plan on going on hard mountain runs or even track look into Ferodo ds2500, will be cheaper then oem as well most likely plus you get better heat range to work with, no noise but they will dust more then the oem's.
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Nice work n update
    Repco pads are made by Federal Mogul - USA. Same makers as Feredo
    Akebonos are hard to get, expect $150+
    Look at project MU or some EBC
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Well thursday… people are so disappointing…

Parked the car at the supermarket to buy some water on the way to training for my new job.(in a nice clear area with few cars, only one car in good condition next to me and with a good wide distance between - ok I may be paranoid but its justified!)

Came back to the car and saw the same car there with a lady and her empty unloaded trolley between our cars, she smiled, said hello and sped off with her trolley and I looked along my car and immediately saw this

Name:	dent1_resized.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	88.6 KB 
ID:	29188
    I know it wasn't there before because I was looking at the car earlier at work & hadn't parked next to anyone on that side since.

Looked up and the lady had completely disappeared.

I wouldn't have made her pay for it but how hard is it to admit you did something and apologise…?

On the plus side my rotors have arrived and the car didn't leak at all in the heavy rain we had all week in Adelaide!

Member Array
    Car:
    G6E turbo
    oh my lawd that filter is disgusting
    FFamily

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Quote Originally Posted by YeahByuddy View Post
    oh my lawd that filter is disgusting
    Fuk up boris
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    So pads and rotors finally done:
    DBA4000 plus trying out the QFM HP-X

Stops harder than whatever was in there previously and looks cool as a bonus - I'm happy so far

Quote for Bilsteins $2600

GAB SS recommended by a contact $1300... anyone tried these on an S2K?

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    More work done since my last update...

-New battery fitted
    -Shopping trolley dents all removed (huge improvement)
    -Broken panel clips replaced (such a satisfying job!)
    -New key and transmitter purchased and cut ($ ouch)
    -Shifter cleaned and re-lubed (it felt fine before but is much nicer now)

And the big one... Bilstein B14's installed, aligned, corner weighted and set for cob and suspension alignment (great mechanic )
    Fortunately the rubber shock absorber mountings were 'like they had just been replaced' so that saved $100 a corner!

Name:	S2000 cornerweight 29 Jul 2016.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	92.5 KB 
ID:	29812

Keen to buy new tyres next to get off the eco tyres and get a bit more grip.

New striker plates on their way and starting to think about soft top replacement.... so lots of research to do!

Starting to like the QFM's, a bit on/off but now that I'm used to them they're stopping pretty hard.
    Waiting for some dry road to give the bilsteins a bit of a try, stiffer than the (worn) originals but well damped and feel really solid, still need to settle in.

Unbelievable torrential rain and not a drip of cabin leakage so thanks Shinetsu!!